Quadravox Live Mode setting isn’t recalled (Bug)

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Quadravox Live Mode setting isn’t recalled (Bug)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      sethtmf
      Participant

I think I’ve found a bug in Quadravox where the “Live Mode” button state isn’t recalled and just defaults to disabled when I load a saved project. All other settings are recalled properly. I notice this bug existed in the past and was claimed to be fixed in v3.7.3 however I’m still seeing the issue on V3.7.5

Does anyone else have this issue? Thanks

I’ve attached the support information .txt

DAW: Ableton Live Suite 10.1.6 

Quadravox: VST3 64bit Version 3.7.5

“3.7.3

• Fixed bug where Live Mode wouldn’t reload correctly”

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi, I can confirm this is a bug in the VST3 version of Quadravox. We'll look into a fix, but in the meantime you could use the VST2, which seems to recall correctly.

-Tom

sethtmf
      Participant

Ok great thanks, I will install the VST2 version in the meantime.

visiblenoise
      Participant

I’d like to add that I’m seeing an issue where the VST3 version of v3.7.5 also doesn’t save settings in the upper right panel, where “Pitch Tracking”, “Low Note”, “Crossfade”, etc. are.

Additionally, I had an older project saved with a previous version of Quadravox (likely just one or two versions before), and when I try to open it with Quadravox 3.7.5 installed, it isn’t able to recall the settings and just loads with the default settings.

Seems like this version of Quadravox VST3 has general issues with recalling settings.  VST2 version doesn’t have any of these issues.

I’m on FL Studio v20.7.2, Windows 10.

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

No problem, please let us know if the issue appears again.

@sethtmf – we've fixed the "Live Mode" issue and it will be released in the next round of updates.

sethtmf
      Participant

Great many thanks!

Are there any benefits to using the VST3 version over VST2 in your opinion? I.e. CPU optimisation? I read VST3 uses less CPU when no audio is passing through it?

Much appreciated.

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi- We've tried to reproduce your issue with the upper right panel not recalling, and haven't been able to. Could you attach a test session where this occurs?

Additionally, we cannot reproduce the issue coming from a previous version. Do you know the exact version you were upgrading from? Again, a test session would be helpful.

visiblenoise
      Participant
      tlongabaugh wrote:

Hi- We’ve tried to reproduce your issue with the upper right panel not recalling, and haven’t been able to. Could you attach a test session where this occurs?

Additionally, we cannot reproduce the issue coming from a previous version. Do you know the exact version you were upgrading from? Again, a test session would be helpful.

I just tried this on a separate computer with a fresh installation of everything and also couldn’t reproduce the issue.  I’ve had other plugin-related issues with the installation of FL Studio I was using initially, so I may just need to reinstall FL Studio on that computer.  Sorry!

visiblenoise
      Participant
      tlongabaugh wrote:

Hi- We’ve tried to reproduce your issue with the upper right panel not recalling, and haven’t been able to. Could you attach a test session where this occurs?

I just tried this on a separate computer with a fresh installation of everything and also couldn’t reproduce the issue.  I’ve had other plugin-related issues with the installation of FL Studio I was using initially, so I may just need to reinstall FL Studio on that computer.  Sorry!

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

The fix has now been released.

Regarding VST3 vs. VST2: the differences you'll notice in terms of performance will be minimal to none. The biggest advantages of VST3 are (IMO):

• Proper sidechain support (it's kind of a hack in VST2, and doesn't work properly in all hosts)
      • VST3 suspends processing when no audio is passing through it. Many VST2 hosts have this implemented as well, however, so it may not matter depending on your host.
      • VST3s can be categorized by effect type, making searching for them easier (again, depends on how host presents this info)
      • Standardized installation directory on Windows – this makes installation and setup a bit easier

At the end of the day, you should just use whichever best suits your workflow.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.