Quadravox vs Octavox

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Quadravox vs Octavox

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anatolyj_B
      Participant
      afrodrum wrote:

What is I can do with Octavox that I cannot do with two instances of  Quadravox ?

https://www.eventideaudio.com/community/forum/plug-ins/octovox-vs-quadovox

afrodrum
      Participant

What is I can do with Octavox that I cannot do with two instances of  Quadravox ?

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

As the linked thread mentions, the two differences are:

• Octavox has 8 voices, instead of Quadravox's 4
      • Octavox has MIDI control of the voices

ddrreeaammaaeerraa
        Participant

Hi, hopefully you get notified of this message.
        I’m trying to take advantage of the MIDI control with Octavox in Ableton, not having much luck getting it to respond to my MIDI keyboard..
        Guessing it’s a routing issue, any help would be greatly appreciated.

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff

Hey, Ableton Live is somewhat tricky to set this up. Essentially you need two tracks – one independent MIDI track, and one track with Octavox where you’d like to do the processing. You then route the MIDI from the MIDI track to the track with Octavox using the “MIDI TO” menu on the MIDI track.

ddrreeaammaaeerraa
        Participant

It was tricky but finally figured it out, I had an additional issue which I learnt about. In Ableton if there are any devices on a MIDI track, the MIDI SEND dropdown box changes to AUDIO SEND dropdown box for that track, since my default MIDI track has some utility devices I was unable to use MIDI sends…. Learnt something new 🙂
        Thanks for your assistance, you just made a sale.
        Do you have an affiliate link or something to benefit from my purchase in any way?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.