Question about H9 demo clips in H9 control

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Question about H9 demo clips in H9 control

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      lordradish
      Participant

My H9 won't be here until next Wed., but in the mean time, I've been trying to familiarize myself with the H9 control program, and for some reason the demo sound clips for the various algorithms don't seem to be working, as when I click on play, no sound comes out. Do I need a pedal to hear them? Or do I at least need to be registered? I can't register yet. No big deal, just curious.

tsutek
      Participant

Weird, they should just work when you press the play icon?

FWIW the demo clips are mp3s (ie. the fx sound better on the actual unit) and show only a very limited scope of any given effect algorithm. You can get a better idea of the sounds and algo scopes from watching UT videos. As most of the fx are ports from the 'factor pedals, you can find quite a lot of demos by searching for videos for a particular 'factor pedal..

tbh I am still surprised how little sound demos there are regarding a "studio context" for the 'factor algorithms.. Most are guitar demos, with a handful of keyboard demos.. A H9 max fits quite well into a studio FX context as well!

gkellum
      Participant

lordradish:

My H9 won't be here until next Wed., but in the mean time, I've been trying to familiarize myself with the H9 control program, and for some reason the demo sound clips for the various algorithms don't seem to be working, as when I click on play, no sound comes out. Do I need a pedal to hear them? Or do I at least need to be registered? I can't register yet. No big deal, just curious.

No, the demo clips should just work.  What platform are you using H9 Control on?  We've had some people on Windows report problems using that function.

lordradish
      Participant

Nope, they don't work, even after I got my H9 hooked up. I'm running Windows 8.1, 64 bit.

brock
      Participant

If it helps, the demo clips stopped playing back here after the Win64 8.1 update.  They worked previously on 'vanilla' 8.0.  Play icon engages; no sound heard on either the dry or effected clips.

tone1963
      Participant

I am experiencing the same problem on both my desktop PC (Windows 7 Pro 64bit) and my laptop (Windows 8.1 64bit) but I never had an issue playing the demo clips on my iPhone 5s.

gkellum
      Participant

Thanks.  We'll look into it.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.