question concerning presets

Home Forums Products Stompboxes question concerning presets

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      dissever

Im having a problem with accidentally hitting my exp. pedal while on presets that I dont intend to have exp. settings. I'm guessing you have to manualy erase all expp. settings from each preset as you build off the factory settings but it is quite annoying. I would much rather have a way to erase all exp. settings and only add them to presets that I need them on. Maybe a way to erase all factory exp. settings and start from scratch would be better

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The latest software for all the pedals has a PDLOCK feature which disables pedal programming. Check the Support page for your pedal to find out how to get it.

dissever

I read that but what I understood was it stops exp. programming. Im looking for a way to remove exp. prgramming from all presets until I add them. For instance say I tweak a factory preset that has exp. controls then  I use it live and accidentally hit my exp. pedal It will change the preset around. The only way to get around that is to manually erase all exp. settings in every preset that does not require them. It seems like there should be a better way to unasign all exp. presets and then add them back as the user needs them. Or just an entire system dump where all presets can be built from scratch

EdDrake
      Participant

Yeah using a pedal with a preset will change the settings but if you don't save the preset with the changed settings your original preset will still be there the next time you come back to it. Using a pedal doesn't permanently change your preset unless you save it like that.

Maybe I don't quite understand what you are saying.

dissever

i guess im having trouble explaining the problem.  When you create a preset and save it the original factory exp. controls assigned to that preset are also stored. So, unless I manually zero out all exp. assignments, all my presets have exp. assignments. Now when I use the pedal live I have an exp. pedal hooked up to use with some presets that I need it for. So say I am on a preset that I dont intend to have any exp. control over and I bump the exp. pedal my sound now gets changed in a way I don't intend it to. This may seem like a small problem but it has caused hell for me. All I want is a way to remove all exp. assignments from the pedal and only program the ones I want.  Going through the now 100 presets and zeroing out all exp. assignments will take a very long time.

EdDrake
      Participant

Gotcha! Yeah you do have to manually clear out the pedal assignments which is a bit tedious if you have all of the parameters assigned, which is luckily not that often. It would be nice to be able to easily start from scratch and with one click or something you could erase all pedal assignments.

Is that what you mean? I'll second the request for this!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

We'll add it to the feature request list. Any suggestions as to how best to operate it (avoiding accidents) ?

Maybe something like pressing the encoder while in pedal programming mode ?

madeski
      Participant

that's a good idea. i would find this helpful

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.