Question on Ultra Channel plug-in

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Question on Ultra Channel plug-in

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      razo

Why is the iLOK Licence Manager needed on my iMac music computer for this plug-in to work?

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Razo,

Like many other plug-in developers we use PACE to manage our licenses and allow people to authorize their software products, and iLok License Manager is the tool they use to allow you to do this.  If we didn't use PACE, we'd have to write software which does this ourselves, and we don't believe we'd do it better than they do.

iLok has received some bad press over the years, some of it for some real mistakes they've made, but others because they're the most visible name on the ugly part of an otherwise very fun process (installing new music software).  The fact is that software licensing isn't fun for you, and it isn't fun for us, but it's a necessary part of this business.  If it wasn't for PACE, or software licensing in general, it would be safe to say that Eventide would stick to hardware – and so would a lot of other companies.

If you do have any problems with your license or your activation, please let us know and we promise to resolve it as quickly as possible.

Dan

razo

If I install this today will it stop working on my system after the 8th of July?

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

No Razo,

This is a full license, it will continue to work after July the 8th. 

Dan

razo

That is amazing. I think I will try it out. I was worried that another, additional software (The PACE iLok manger) would perhaps slow down the system.

Thanks.

razo

How much load will The Pace iLok Manager put on my iMac?

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

The iLok License Manager is an application which allows you to manage your licenses.  It should put negligible load on your computer, but even then it doesn't need to be running to use your Eventide plug-ins, only to authorize them to your computer or iLok.

There is also a driver to communicate with the iLok that runs in the background on your computer.  This is similar to a mouse driver or display driver and should put no noticeable load on your computer at all.

Dan

razo

What is the correct way to proceed for getting the Ultrachannel to work wrt downloading/installing the iLok Manager and in what order shal I do this, now that I have downloaded the Ultrachannel OSXinstaller?

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi razo-

Go to http://www.ilok.com and download and install the appropriate version of iLok Manager for your computer. Then, open up iLok manager and login to your iLok account. There should be an UltraChannel license in your account, simply drag this license either on to your machine or usb dongle in the left sidebar menu. Then, run the UltraChannel installer and follow the steps it gives you. You should then be good to go!

Best,

Tom

razo

Thanks, I got it working.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.