Questions before H9 purchase on midi, control app

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Questions before H9 purchase on midi, control app

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    Posts
    • #113171
      ekkomouse
      Participant

      I am looking at picking up an H9 max soon and had some questions that I couldnt figure out by reading the manual and searching.  

      I understand the H9 has a fairly full featured midi implementation and that it can learn midi/program changes.  However, are the presets and parameters assigned midi program change numbers and cc’s by default?  Or do you have to go in and pre-set each preset to have a program change for recall by a third party midi controller?  I will be using this with a mastermind pbc controller and will be setting up some IA buttons to handle preset scrolling but also separately saving presets for recall by the mastermind.  

      If thats the case, after assigning the 99 presets with program change numbers, if we then save over that preset from the control app, is the program change number still assigned to that particular preset?  

      Is pre/post functionality midi switchable?

      Tempo is saved with the preset but you can have midi clock supply tempo which I will have from another device.  Can you temporarily override the midi clock tempo with tap tempo?

      Can you setup the parameters assigned to the hotknob from the control app?  I like the idea of the app instead of diving through partial menus on the device.

      Is there a limit in the H9 app for the number of presets you can save and transfer to the pedal?

      I don’t have the unit yet so maybe I am overthinking things.  If there is a better way to setup initially, let me know!  Thanks!

    • #142190
      nickrose
      Moderator
      Eventide Staff
      ekkomouse wrote:

      However, are the presets and parameters assigned midi program change numbers and cc's by default?

      Yes. The MIDI maps allow you to change these, but you do not have to.

      ekkomouse wrote:

      Is pre/post functionality midi switchable?

      If you are in pre/post mode, whether you use pre or post is set on a preset by preset basis, and is not otherwise selectable. You presumably could save a PRE and a POST copy of a given preset and select it with MIDI Program Change.

      ekkomouse wrote:

      Tempo is saved with the preset but you can have midi clock supply tempo which I will have from another device.  Can you temporarily override the midi clock tempo with tap tempo?

      Show More...

      No – you have to choose one or the other. This is because you might set up a tempo with the TAP, and then the MIDIclock might change slightly, and set it to something else. Best you stick to one or the other.

      ekkomouse wrote:

      Can you setup the parameters assigned to the hotknob from the control app?  I like the idea of the app instead of diving through partial menus on the device.

      Yes

      ekkomouse wrote:

      Is there a limit in the H9 app for the number of presets you can save and transfer to the pedal?

      The pedal will only hold 100 presets. There presumably is a limit on the App (don't know) but you will probably lose track of which preset is which before you hit it.

      Show Less...
    • #142193
      ekkomouse
      Participant

      Great thanks for the quick reply!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.