Questions on delay controls for the new MicroPitch Delay

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Questions on delay controls for the new MicroPitch Delay

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      mrgrtvil

Happy new owner of the MicroPitch Delay pedal, but somewhat of an effects rookie. And I’m coming up with more answers than questions as I dive into this new pedal. Any response would be appreciated.

1. What’s the best practice for adjusting the LEVEL of the delay? I can’t seem to figure out how to adjust it using the Device Manager. And when I try to do it using the Mix knob (1st level controls) after adjusting the A and B delay times (2nd level controls) it’s easy to do things in the wrong sequence which then causes you to change different settings, and then you have to go back to square one which is very frustrating.
      2. Regarding Device Manager, everything I read with regards to effect settings refers to “cents” and “milliseconds”, but all the control knobs simply go from 0 to 127. So you can’t finely dial in the cents, nor can you dial in the delay to exact milliseconds. Is there a conversion chart or anything of the sort that will aid in dialing those settings in more specifically?

Loving this pedal so far, and it’s going to be the full-time replacement for at least 2 pedals on my board. Plus it’s an added delay. But I was hoping that the Device Manager was going to be a lot more specific with regards to dialing in exact settings versus just being a visual representation of all the dials. I trust that I’m simply missing some tips and tricks that will help me do that.

Thanks in advance! Looking forward to sharing some settings, as well!

Cheers!

Brad

colabelli

Hey Brad, 

Congrats on the new MicroPitch Delay! I'm glad that you decided to take the plunge and I trust that it will become a huge source of inspiration as you become more acclimated to it. First and foremost, I suggest checking out our MPD instructional video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rAejz4_bjE&ab_channel=EventideAudio … I think you'll find it extremely helpful and probably pick up a wealth of knowledge. Keep in mind that the dot9 pedal platform is designed to be stripped down and easy to use and encourages the player to use his/her ears… 

I don’t think your missing anything. I got my new Micropitch pedal yesterday. It’s about 90% what I had hoped for.

I was hopeful as it sounds like you were that you could specify things in the software. It would be nice to be able to specify +9 and -11 for the fine pitch or like 375ms delay on 1 side and 500ms delay on the other and save that as a preset rather than trying to figure it out by ear as many times I need specific millisecond delay but instead I have to sit with a another delay pedal that has a digital read out and try to do it by ear.

I understand these knew pedals were designed to be tweaked and give you physical knobs to twist but it would be nice if the software would at least allow that function and if you want to adjust slightly on the fly with knobs by ear you could.

My other dream would be if there were a few extra parameters available in the software. The one feature I wish the Micropitch had was the “Slurm” ability of the new Eventide Ultratap Delay pedal so you could soften those repeats. That ability to smear/diffuse/soften those delay repeats should be a feature on every single delay pedal to me and is a missed opportunity to me to finally have detuned delays that you could soften into a truly ambient dream.

grittar

I just got a micropitch pedal as well and was shocked it had no way to tell delay times or pitch settings.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.