[RCV CTL] ? There are new choices for Receive Control to alter the unit?s BYPASS setting: ACT ? Make the unit ACTive, i.e. not bypassed. TOG ? TOGgle the between bypass and active.

Home Forums Products Stompboxes [RCV CTL] ? There are new choices for Receive Control to alter the unit?s BYPASS setting: ACT ? Make the unit ACTive, i.e. not bypassed. TOG ? TOGgle the between bypass and active.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Mr_Clean

Hello all,

Having some trouble setting the following fuction up with the latest beta for TF & MF:

[RCV CTL] – There are new choices for Receive Control to alter the unit’s 

BYPASS setting: 

ACT – Make the unit ACTive, i.e. not bypassed. 

TOG – TOGgle the between bypass and active. 

Am I right in presuming this function allows changing the switch sense so MIDI controllers (in my case the Ground Control Pro) will switch the bypass (via MIDI) correctly on the TF / MF – i.e bypass on the Ground Control is in "sync" with the TF / MF? If so I cant seem to set this up correctly. What should the ACT & TOG  be set to ?

thanks in advance.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You are right – this is intended to support pedals like Ground Control. But, the [RCV CTL] is used to set up MIDI Continuous Controllers (CC), which may not be supported by your GC.

Many pedalboards only support Program Change – for them we have added extra MIDImap entries which can be accessed under [RCV MAP]. You should use either ACT or TOG (usually not both) depending whether you want hitting the switch to (ACT) take it out of bypass, or (TOG) change the bypass state every time you hit it.

samplerdave

I have a problem with the new bypass functions. I control the TF with a Musicom Lab EFX MKII, and I wanted to control the TF's bypass via PCs. But it doesn't work properly.

EX :

1) I send a PC with value 1 -> the TF is active on preset 1:1

2) I send a PC with value 2 -> the TF is active on preset 1:2

3) I send a PC with value 125 (preset with no delay) -> it bypasses the TF

4) I send another PC with value 125 (other preset with no delay) -> it activates the TF!

In fact, PC 125 which is supposed to be a bypass function is acting like a togle between bypass and active…

What I wanted to do is to send a PC 125 on evrey preset where I don't need delay to have the TF bypassed…

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Not real clear about what you are doing – it depends entirely on how your MIDI map is set up.

Make sure that you understand how these functions work – sounds like you may not.

samplerdave

I perfectely undersatand how it works, it may be not clear as I am french and my english may not be clear… I'll try and make myself understood :

I use a Musicom Lab EFX MKII that can send 2 Program Changes per preset. I use PC 1 on midi channel 1 to control my midi switcher, and PC2 on midi channel 2 to control my TimeFactor. The TF is set on midi channel 2. My timefactor is at the end of the signal chain, after the Musicom Lab (not in one of the 8 loops, so…) so I wanted to control the TF bypass via Programm Change with the Musicom Lab. I updated the TF in order to have the new 3 bypass functions (BYP, ACT, TOG). I didn't change the map, so here is how it is mapped in the TF midi map :

TOG -> 124

BYP -> 125

ACT -> 126

What I wanted to do when programming the Musicom Lab is :

– if I want delay : send a PC on channel 2 corresponding to the TF preset number I want (ex : PC 2 if I want the TF to switch to BNK 1:2, PC 3 if I want the TF to switch to BNK 2:1 etc…)

– if I don't want delay : send a PC on channel 2 with value = 125 to have the TF bypassed

It works great, but if I send PC 125 when the TF is already bypassed, it activates the TimeFactor…

I hope It's clearer…

caveman
      Participant

Are you sure you are sending the right PC?

Some MIDI devices interpret 0-127 as 1-128, so the mapping might be off by one.. Have you tried sending 126 for bypass mode?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Mr. Caveman may be correct – I've just been looking at it and it seems to work as expected.

To check out the +1 issue, change the map so that BYPASS is at program 0, and see what it does.

samplerdave

Awesome! Thank you so much guys!

The EFX goes from 1 to 128, the TF goes from 0 to 127!

So when I sent a PC 125 with the EFX, the TF actually received a PC 124, corresponding to the TOGGLE  function! It now works great when sending a PC 126 with the EFX to make the bypass function work!

Thanx again

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.