Real stereo in H9?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Real stereo in H9?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      teabandito
      Participant

Hello, I have a question: does any algorithm in H9 have a real stereo? For example when the delay with one time sounds from output 1 and the another time from output 2? Or arpeggiator which plays som notes from output 1 and others from output 2? I am now playing into amp with stereo loop and I can’t really hear any difference between the mono and stereo cable connection. Your opinions?

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      teabandito wrote:

Hello, I have a question: does any algorithm in H9 have a real stereo? For example when the delay with one time sounds from output 1 and the another time from output 2? Or arpeggiator which plays som notes from output 1 and others from output 2? I am now playing into amp with stereo loop and I can't really hear any difference between the mono and stereo cable connection. Your opinions?

Of course. Most algorithms in H9 are real stereo effects. I'm not clear about your setup. Are you using 1 amp or 2? How do you monitor the two outputs? Please also try to adjust the DELAY MIX parameter for delay algorithms. You should be able to tell the two voices if you have a proper setup.

teabandito
        Participant
        bohan wrote:

Of course. Most algorithms in H9 are real stereo effects. I’m not clear about your setup. Are you using 1 amp or 2? How do you monitor the two outputs? Please also try to adjust the DELAY MIX parameter for delay algorithms. You should be able to tell the two voices if you have a proper setup.

I have an amp with stereo loop as i stated. I can put a pedal into input 1 of my loop and another pedal into input 2 and there will be two different sounds from two outputs. But H9  sounds similar in both channels no matter what time of delay i set in delays A and B. I set A B delay mix on 12 and differen delay times but the sound both in two outputs. I also set routing to NORMAL in pedal settings. Maybe I should set something else in pedal settings? Or maybe i choose wrong algorithms?

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        teabandito wrote:

I have an amp with stereo loop as i stated. I can put a pedal into input 1 of my loop and another pedal into input 2 and there will be two different sounds from two outputs. But H9  sounds similar in both channels no matter what time of delay i set in delays A and B. I set A B delay mix on 12 and differen delay times but the sound both in two outputs. I also set routing to NORMAL in pedal settings. Maybe I should set something else in pedal settings? Or maybe i choose wrong algorithms?

For some delay algorithms, it might hard to tell but all delay algorithms are real stereo. It seems that your settings are alright. You may try some pitch algorithms. They are easier to tell the difference between two channels. H910, Quadrovox, Harmodulator, and Diatonic are good options. Set the MIX to 100 and pitch mix to A10+B10. Let me know if this works.

teabandito
        Participant
        bohan wrote:

For some delay algorithms, it might hard to tell but all delay algorithms are real stereo. It seems that your settings are alright. You may try some pitch algorithms. They are easier to tell the difference between two channels. H910, Quadrovox, Harmodulator, and Diatonic are good options. Set the MIX to 100 and pitch mix to A10+B10. Let me know if this works.

I realized what’s the problem in my setup – my outputs were set at center. I moved them to the left and right and immediately heard stereo. Thank you for quick help, that was totally my fault not the device!

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        teabandito wrote:

I realized what's the problem in my setup – my outputs were set at center. I moved them to the left and right and immediately heard stereo. Thank you for quick help, that was totally my fault not the device!

You're welcome. I'm glad that you figured it out. 

Satch5150
      Participant

My H9 Also sounds like mono to me, and I can hear the stereo source signal when I bypass. The routing is set to “normal”. Is there any setting that would make the effects behave in mono? Also, can I vote for a shorter, but stereo looper?

I am using a synthesizer with a stereo ping pong delay built in as the source and directly connected headphones for listening.

Satch5150
        Participant

nvm. it is probably the adapter I use for my headphones…

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.