Recalling Presets with Aux Switches

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Recalling Presets with Aux Switches

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      peaceonu
      Participant

First of all, thank you for your company’s diligent communication with customers through the forum.
      I’m using a midi switcher for the H90, but my pedal board is small, so I don’t want to waste the space the midi switcher takes up.
      I wonder if it is possible to increase the number of presets in bank mode from the current 3 to 5 and call the increased 2 presets with the Aux switch.
      If this is possible, it would be very nice because I don’t have to use a midi switch.

Thank you again

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Hi peaceonu,

I wonder if it is possible to increase the number of presets in bank mode from the current 3 to 5 and call the increased 2 presets with the Aux switch.

Let’s assume this was possible. At minimum, you’re asking for two more switches. There currently exists a few options that would give you access to more programs:

1. While in Bank mode, hold down the B footswitch. This will shift over to the next Bank where you can find another set of three Programs. Holding down A goes down a bank. Holding down P goes back to Bank 1.

2. Map Bank Up and Bank down commands to an external 2 or 3-button aux switch. Doing so instantly banks without waiting an extra second the way holding down A or B does. You can more freely navigate through banks of three.

peaceonu
        Participant

Thank you so much for your super fast reply

I already know that AUX switch is able to be used as Bank Up and down switch

But it is inconvenient to call a preset in two steps during a performance. That’s why I’m using a MIDI switcher despite the lack of space on my pedalboard. It would be really convenient to be able to call 5 presets right away in any way. I don’t know how others use it, but I don’t really need more than 5 settings in one performance.
        If I can use 5 presets right away, I don’t have to cross banks. In fact, this method is already used by Fractal Audio. Fractal allows customers to determine the number of presets that can be stored in one bank.
        Is it also impossible to assign any number of preset to the H90’s 3 switches and two Aux switches?

Thank you

joecozzi
        Eventide Staff

Is it also impossible to assign any number of preset to the H90’s 3 switches and two Aux switches?

For what you’re trying to do, a MIDI controller is the best option. Mapping Program numbers to aux switches is not an option on the H90.

joecozzi
        Eventide Staff

The only other option that may help you is mapping “Increment + Load” to an aux switch. This would require you to organize your Programs sequentially. But one button push will go to the next Program and load it automatically.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.