Regional price difference

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Regional price difference

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      bohan
      Eventide Staff
      cooljules1 wrote:

Just got my first Eventide product, the H9. I got the H9 Harmonizer for €584 at a local music store. I'm anxious to get new algos obviously, but the price i'm offered through the app is DKK169 (which is just over GBP20). The only advertised algo prices i've seen is GBP15/USD20. So to max mine out i have to pay GBP400, which i thought would "only" be GBP300. This furthermore hurts a bit more, when i see Thomann.de has the H9 Max for €659. My max will end up costing me €1030 because i live in Denmark. This situation is mildly frustrating – any thoughts?

Our distributors have their right to set the local prices. We hope our users could have the same prices as the ones in the US but it's just something that we cannot control. 

The price for an algorithm varies because of your region's tax. If you want to get rid of this high price, you might try to register a British or American Apple/Google ID and buy algorithms using that ID. I'm not saying I recommend you do that because I'm not familiar with your local laws and regulations. Please note that your purchased algorithms info will be attached to your Apple/Google ID. So please use the same ID to buy algorithms. Otherwise, you may have trouble when you max out your H9. 

cooljules1
      Participant

Hello,

Just got my first Eventide product, the H9. I got the H9 Harmonizer for €584 at a local music store.

I’m anxious to get new algos obviously, but the price i’m offered through the app is DKK169 (which is just over GBP20). The only advertised algo prices i’ve seen is GBP15/USD20. 

So to max mine out i have to pay GBP400, which i thought would “only” be GBP300.

This furthermore hurts a bit more, when i see Thomann.de has the H9 Max for €659. My max will end up costing me €1030 because i live in Denmark.

This situation is mildly frustrating – any thoughts?

Thank you!

JH

gkellum
      Participant
      cooljules1 wrote:

This situation is mildly frustrating – any thoughts?

Well here's a thought. If you buy algorithms on an iOS device or an Android device, the prices get translated by Apple and Google into different price tiers and we have no control over how they translate into local prices.  However, if you buy algorithms on the desktop version of H9 Control that uses PayPal and there you pay in US dollars.  So, if you're unhappy with the rates you're seeing on iOS or Android, you might want to buy algorithms on the desktop instead.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.