Replacing MicroPitch Pedal for H9

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Replacing MicroPitch Pedal for H9

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by joecozzi
    Eventide Staff
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      P9
      Participant

So currently I am using an H9MAX in Pre/Post routing mode (in front of amp/in amp effects loop) and loving it. I have a MicroPitch pedal splitting the signal from mono to stereo and primarily doing the H3000micropitch delay setting and similar setting without the Pitch Shift. If swapped out that MicroPitch pedal for a second H9 would I still be able to get those same sounds out of the H9 doing the micropitch algorithm as I am currently6 getting from the MicroPitch Pedal.

I was trying to just match the settings between my current H9 and the Micropitch pedal but they controls seem to be slightly different.

The goal is to be able to use the H9’s Tricerachours and Space Reverb stereo sounds but I don’t want to mess with the Pitchshift delay tones I currently have.

Anyone else go this direction from the single pedal to the H9 and have any observations?

joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

An H9 Max can most definitely do what you want to do using the MicroPitch algorithm. Of course, the potentiometers on the dedicated pedal will always render slightly different results at the same position, so you will need to tweak the H9 settings to exactly match the MPD pedal. The main differences between the MPD pedal and the H9 version are that we added two more modulation types – positive and negative envelopes; we also added an extra second of delay time to the voices of the MPD pedal. Neither of these changes influence the classic MicroPitch sound you’re using.

P9
      Participant

Ah ok I missed that dedicated “Mod” setting on the pedal (I did actually work with all of the knobs on the Micropitch pedal but did not notice that was not in the H9 version). So looking in Device manager I can get any of the sounds that are using the Sinewave modulation (like the H3000MICROPITCH) but not the ones that are using the + or – Envelopes (like EARLY H3000) correct.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      joecozzi
      Eventide Staff

Correct.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.