Replaying notes vs moving up/down a scale.

Home Forums Products Eurorack Modules Replaying notes vs moving up/down a scale.

• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 week ago by GMB.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      GMB
      Participant

I was having some fun playing Misha with a USB keyboard before I left for travels and thinking about how you (Mr Samchlllian) see the instrument vs how I want to bend Misha to work in a way that’s more drum/rhythmically oriented.

So my main question is: how do you play a note twice in samchillian mode?    You play the interval and then the 0 key?   That would be awkward with drum pads.

What if a footpedal (or some means) sent a cc that made the interval keys stick to the note they’ll play and let you replay it over and over?   Then you could toggle between intervals moving the root or staying put.

What I’m after, for triggering Misha from my edrums, are ways to get more single note repetition and not just cycle through scales.  In this way I could hit a pad and play a drum roll on the same note.

Extending that, one could program 3 drum pads to be say:  0, +3, +5 and play a 1/3/5 chord but allow me to keep playing that chord for as long as I want.  Then a 4th pad, or by releasing a foot pedal, one might then move up/down Misha’s scale to the next interval and jam on the new chord root.

Does this make sense?

I’m mainly thinking this has to do with freeform playing, not recording a sequence, although they could go together, which it looks like some other threads here are asking for too.

I’m looking forward to diving back in next week when I’m back!

GMB
      Participant

It was suggested to try Passthrough mode to do this.  But I’m not sure that’s what I’m after.

Passthrough mode would just process midi notes unchanged.  But what I’m after would be for the notes to be relative to the current Misha root.  So as you moved through misha intervals, it would effectively transpose incoming midi notes.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.