Request for a VST version of H9 Control

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Request for a VST version of H9 Control

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Michelle911
      Participant

I have an H9 on my pedal board for my guitar and now another one for my ableton setup. 

I have a few H9 parameters macro’d in Abes for both my H9’s but  if I load up H9 Control my midi assignments stop working…  and as you probly just guessed,  yes,  PC.

A VST would solve all lot and be absolutely amazing  smiley

camn
      Participant
      Michelle911
      Participant

yes,  but from several years ago,  had I posted there I would have likely been told to create a new thread.  thanks tho.

camn
      Participant

It doesn’t work?

Michelle911
      Participant

not well no,  this combined with the fact that putting any m4l device into any set greatly reduces stability.  Max has gotten much better as its developed,  and it can do some neat stuff,  but I honestly avoid using it at all costs.  and to be thorough,  I’ve downloaded and tested every H9 M4L device I could find.

again,  a proper VST would be quite awesome 

camn
      Participant

Oh Gods I tried to get reliable bluetooth on the PC but it was impossible. 

I always run a cable when Ineed MIDI sync for recording.

Michelle911
      Participant

I have my two H9’s connected by DIN.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      Michelle911 wrote:

yes,  but from several years ago,  had I posted there I would have likely been told to create a new thread.  thanks tho.

https://www.eventideaudio.com/community/forum/stompboxes/max-live-h9-remote-plugin-released-supports-automation-h9-using-cc

This one may work for you. And the author has been updating it.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      Michelle911 wrote:

not well no,  this combined with the fact that putting any m4l device into any set greatly reduces stability.  Max has gotten much better as its developed,  and it can do some neat stuff,  but I honestly avoid using it at all costs.  and to be thorough,  I've downloaded and tested every H9 M4L device I could find.

Oh, just saw your reply. If you have to use a VST I'm sorry about that. If you want to do automation, you can just use your Ableton to send MIDI CC messages to H9 directly. Just set a MIDI CC mapping for the ribbon (expression pedal).

H9 Control talks to your PC via MIDI, that's why the USB cable can either used by H9 Control or the Ableton. However, if your PC supports Bluetooth, you can connect to your H9 wirelessly. Then you should be able to use Ableton and H9 Control simultaneously. 

Michelle911
      Participant
      bohan wrote:

Michelle911 wrote:

not well no,  this combined with the fact that putting any m4l device into any set greatly reduces stability.  Max has gotten much better as its developed,  and it can do some neat stuff,  but I honestly avoid using it at all costs.  and to be thorough,  I’ve downloaded and tested every H9 M4L device I could find.

Oh, just saw your reply. If you have to use a VST I’m sorry about that. If you want to do automation, you can just use your Ableton to send MIDI CC messages to H9 directly. Just set a MIDI CC mapping for the ribbon (expression pedal).

H9 Control talks to your PC via MIDI, that’s why the USB cable can either used by H9 Control or the Ableton. However, if your PC supports Bluetooth, you can connect to your H9 wirelessly. Then you should be able to use Ableton and H9 Control simultaneously. 

I don’t need to do any automation at this point,  just trying to get some basics working reliably.  One H9 on it’s own seems to work well,  but when I have both H9’s in a set one will stop responding to midi messages.  

My bluetooth adapter works,  but just barely,  it has to be right next to my H9’s to pick them up (it was a real trick setting them both within 3 feet in here! lol).  It’s also very slow,  and (I guess becuase of the range) unreliable.   

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.