Rng of my AUX Switch not working with H9

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Rng of my AUX Switch not working with H9

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 33 reply threads
  • Author
      mblanc
      Participant

Hi, I use a 3 Button Switch from this1smyne.com for years on my Tf, Mf and PF and it still works fine. However, the H9 refuses to recognize the RNG. Tip and Tip+Rng are working fine…
      What am I doing wrong?
      I am not talking of setting unwanted parameters, I know how to solve this 🙂 It is just so that the Rng is not recognized by H9. The switch is working, as it shows no problems on my other Factor Pedals.
      Help please! Thank you

mblanc
      Participant

sorry, Rng and Tip+Rng are working

TIP is not working :-/

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I think that this is a question for this1smyne.com, since we have no technical information on their products. Sorry.

mblanc
      Participant

Thx for your answer! As I said, these switches are specially made for Eventide and they are working without problem on all the factor pedals, except the H9. Is there something different on the H9 compared to the AUX on the Factorpedals? 

I read somewhere in this forum that there was a Bug causing a similar problem on a Timefactor (?) that was fixed by an update… Anything like that possible here?

thank you in advance 🙂

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The H9 does have different pedal electronics.

I think it is an issue with these switches, so I would suggest that you take it up with their manufacturer – we have no information on them. You should tell them that both the H9 and 'Factors are designed to work with a simple diode-isolated switch like the Digitech FS300.

KCStratman
      Participant

The this1smyne aux switches are just simple momentary switches to T/R/S jack just like digitech, analogman, amloopers, homemade, etc. If the aux switches work fine with other ET units then obviously the problem is not the aux switch. First, back up your preset list, update your H9 software to the latest version and double check all pedal settings and switch mapping in H9 Control > Pedal > General Settings and Aux Switch Mappings. If everything is set correctly and Tip fails to function, then you probably need to send the unit in for service.

mblanc
      Participant

checked: my switch is simple diode based

gkellum
      Participant

There's a setting in H9 Control under Settings / General Settings called "Use Expression Pedal, Aux switch or Both".  This is set to aux switch, correct?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You should probably ignore my previous comments, since my brain has turned to mush over the holidays.

Current thinking is that the main relevant difference between the H9 and the Factors is that the former has a combined pedal/switch jack. As a result, you have to tell it which one you want it to be. To further complicate things, this did not work too well in earlier software.

I would suggest that first you make sure that you have the latest software. Then, in system mode, make sure that UTILITY/EXPTIP is set to SWITCH. This is essentially what Greg is saying above.

My guess is that this will fix it. If not, get in touch.

mblanc
      Participant

By the way here is a picture of my switch:

willtry the rest later, but I am pretty sure, the settings are right! I even tried to downgrade the software by installing an older Version … I keep you infrmed! Thx a lot for your help so far! 

mblanc
      Participant

oh… picture did not post. Well anyway, it is the right switch!

Checked everything, reinstalled everything –> still not working! what now

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry – I'm running out of ideas. If Tip+Rng works, and EXPTIP is set to SWITCH, that suggests that the switch itself is good, as supported by the fact it is OK with other pedals.

The EXPTIP seems the most likely. Can you explicitly confirm that this is indeed set to SWITCH ?

If it is set to BOTH, this would give the symptoms you describe (except that Tip+Ring would only give you Ring).

So, assuming that you are using V4.8, this should work with the switch, otherwise we would have noticed it.

Otherwise, it would be helpful if you could borrow a different switch and a different stereo jack lead to see if these make a difference.

If all the above fails, we would have to ask you to send in the H9, the switch and the cable, which would be annoying for you.

mblanc
      Participant

– I will recheck (again) all the settings! 

– I ordered the switch from Digitech you are talking about on your site. As soon as it arrives, I will test it, (although it is way too big for my setup)

– software: I tried with an older one (the last 4.x version): same problem. I reinstalled the latest version: same problem: no tip; rng and tip+rng are working fine….

– i'll be back in a few days to report: pretty sure I will have to send it in :-(((

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Please – can you explicitly confirm that UTILS/EXTIP is indeed set to SWITCH ?

Also, what is the version number of your "latest version" ?

When you say "tip+rng are working fine" – how do these show in system mode > Should be either RNG or T+R.

Sorry for asking such obvious questions, but something is astray here and I would like a "reality check."

mblanc
      Participant

Hi

definitely set to SWITCH

SOFTWARE VERSION IS 5.0.1(3) it further says on the units display if I am interpretating the signs in the right way: CGV J.4 and by scrolling again: TST 4.8 and S1V 2.07 S2V 2.07 BV 3.0)

and yes, the display shows RNG and T+ R

stefken147

Seeing the exact same issue with my H9. The footswitch works perfectly with my timefactor and Space. But the H9 ring does not work. Tip and T+R buttons works fine.

stefken147

Seeing the exact same issue with my H9.

mblanc
      Participant

Your rng isn't working, my TIP isn't working… What seitch do you use?

stefken147

I'll double check when I get home, but pretty sure it's the ring. Could well be the TIP. It's also a T1M switch, but has worked fine with the Space and Timefactor for years, and still works fine with those.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

mblanc:

definitely set to SWITCH

I'm afraid I'm mystified. If you set EXTIP to BOTH, you lose TIP, and both ring and tip/ring show as RNG. But this is not what you are seeing. I tried EXPTIP set to SWITCH on 5.0.1(3) on my H9 and it works fine.

So, back to my previous note. Try and find both a different switch and a different cable and see if that changes anything.

If not, you should contact support@eventide.com, referencing this post, and send in your pedal, switch and cable. Sorry – can't see another way – hopefully someone else has a better idea.

mblanc
      Participant

news: Digitech Fs3000 works fine BUT! I did buy the H9 to downsize my pedalboard by eleminating 2 Factorpedals and now I need to use this GIANT of an Aux switch…. not happy… 🙁

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If you'd like us to look at your switch to see what causes the problem, send it to Eventide, marked for my attention. I'll Fedex it back after a few days.

mblanc
      Participant

Hey Nick! That would be very nice! Let's do that! So you can help me and other t1myne switch users! I contacted the guy who builds/sells them but he didn't answer until now! Could be interesting for him, too 😉 But if I don't get an answer …. 

Could you be so kind to send me an email with the details, please? 

Thx so far! It is good to know that you are not alone with your pedal's problems 😉

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Not sure what an email would say, other than:

send it to:

nickrose

Eventide Inc.
      1 Alsan Way
      Little Ferry NJ  07643
      United States of America

mblanc
      Participant

exactely this 🙂 i'll send it to you!

stefken147

Hi, sorry only replying now. It;s actually the TIP as well on mine. Seems very odd, but hopefully Dan (T1M) or Nick can help us get to the bottom of this one! 🙂

mblanc
      Participant

Waited for an answer from t1myne until now… Nothing so far! I will send you the switch today!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Your switch arrived today. The problem is that it has a (to me) unnecessary diode connecting to the TIP switch. I case see no reason for it to be there, as there is not one in the RNG switch (this is why RNG works). I'm guessing it was for the convenience of the wireman.

All diodes in the switch cause a voltage drop of around 0.6V – the software allows for this in the T+R case (where diodes are necessary) but does not allow for it in T or R.

We'll change the software for the next release in case other people have switches like this. In the meantime the answer is to short out the diode. Let me know if you want me to do this before I send the switch back.

milleniumman

I too have the same problem with the tip of the T1m AUX switch.  A software update to fix this issue would be awesome.  For now I use the tip to control the bank down of my second H9 but I would like to use a whole separate controller for it.

stefken147

Software update would be awesome! 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

nickrose:

I'm guessing it was for the convenience of the wireman

Wrong !!

I’ve worked out what the extra diode is for. It’s designed so that if you plug into the TAP jack, you won’t get a switch closure on this jack when you hit the T+R.

If you rely on this feature you’ll have to wait for a software fix. Note that the Digitech FS300 does not have the extra jack, so this issue does not arise.

tiffandde

I'm still having this problem also. I currently have software 5.0.1(3) but can't get TIP to work…

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If you have this problem with this specific switch, you will either need to short out the diode attached to the TIP switch, or wait for a software fix.

Otherwise, make sure that Utils/Exptip is set to SWITCH.

72Telecaster
        nickrose wrote:

If you have this problem with this specific switch, you will either need to short out the diode attached to the TIP switch, or wait for a software fix.

Can you verify this has been FIXED with software upgrade to accomodate such switches w/ diodes?

Thanks,

Andrew

dcialone
        Participant
        72Telecaster wrote:

nickrose wrote:

Can you verify this has been FIXED with software upgrade to accomodate such switches w/ diodes?

Thanks,

Andrew

+1

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

This should be fixed in the latest release (5.2). Can anyone let us know if this is the case ?

Viewing 33 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.