Rose Delay Questions on Aux Switches

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Rose Delay Questions on Aux Switches

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Kurt Leege
      Participant

Hi. I love my Rose Delay purchased a couple of months back, but am having some issues with functionality on a 3 button aux switch. I have it set to tap, decrement preset and a/b.

The a/b works fine. The tap sort of works, but it seems to often either double or half the tap that I put in – and further if I do a longer tap, it will put the initial delay at that tempo, but subsequent repeats at a much shorter interval.

The decrement preset does take the preset down a notch while flashing, but when the preset actually loads, it goes back to the preset it was on before I tapped the preset decrement.

I have the latest firmware update with all of the new features. Is this normal behavior for the pedal? Is there anything I can do to get the tap to simply go by the tempo I tap? Is there any way to get the new preset to actually load when I hit preset decrement?

Thx.

jac
      Participant
      Kurt Leege wrote:
      Hi. I love my Rose Delay purchased a couple of months back, but am having some issues with functionality on a 3 button aux switch. I have it set to tap, decrement preset and a/b.

I noticed my aux tap acts weird also. I would suggest using tap on the pedal & using aux as your Hotswitch. I would think that tapping from the pedal would be the most accurate.

The a/b works fine. The tap sort of works, but it seems to often either double or half the tap that I put in – and further if I do a longer tap, it will put the initial delay at that tempo, but subsequent repeats at a much shorter interval.

The decrement preset does take the preset down a notch while flashing, but when the preset actually loads, it goes back to the preset it was on before I tapped the preset decrement.

I have the latest firmware update with all of the new features. Is this normal behavior for the pedal? Is there anything I can do to get the tap to simply go by the tempo I tap? Is there any way to get the new preset to actually load when I hit preset decrement?

Thx.

jallard
      Participant

Hi Kurt,

Decrementing or incrementing the preset does not automatically load the preset, it just selects the preset to be loaded. To load the selected preset, the ACTIVE button must be pressed. This load functionality can also be assigned to an AUX switch.

A few things to try regarding the tap-tempo: 

1) Make sure to tap at least four times to give the algorithm time to sync up. 

2) Check that the tap divisions are set to quarter-note. (Hold down SHAPE, then use PRESET to select the upper LED on the PRESET ladder.)

3) Note that the delay buffer is not cleared out when tapping in a new delay. So when using feedback, there may be repeats in the buffer from a previous tap rate, especially when tapping long delay times. This can be used to create interesting effects, but if one is not aware of this, it might seem as though the tap rate is off until the buffer clears out. 

Hopefully this helps.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.