Rose: Mix control now controlling Rate??

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Rose: Mix control now controlling Rate??

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      doogdoogdoog
      Participant

So, I’ve had this brand new Rose for a total of 3 weeks (updated to the latest firmware on the first day), and it’s just today started showing an issue where the Mix dial also controls the modulation rate, and the Rate dial does nothing. Yeah, that’s not great.

‘Factory Reset’ is greyed-out in the Device Manager software, but I’ve tried the ‘Restore Factory Settings’ step mentioned in the manual a few times with no success.

Any help on this would be appreciated; I’m pretty saddened that my dream delay is now giving me more “waking nightmare” vibes.

Boring audio-less video of this issue in action

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Hello,

Sorry to hear about this issue.

If you haven’t already, could you first try connecting to the Device Manager with the Rose in update mode and reinstalling the latest firmware version to see if that resolves the issue?

If it doesn’t, can you try connecting to the Device Manger with the Rose booted normally, and then let me know what happens when you adjust Mix or Rate using the software? Does adjusting Mix using the software still control the Rate? Or does it work correctly using the software?

doogdoogdoog
      Participant

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yeah sorry, I should’ve mentioned; I tried downgrading and then re-upgrading the firmware, and the same thing happens with both versions.

The “dials” work properly within the Device Manager UI, but the problem persists on the physical dials.

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Ok, thanks for confirming the firmware update. Since the software is performing correctly, it seems that this is most likely a hardware issue and your pedal will either need to be repaired or replaced.

Can you please contact support@eventide.com and reference this forum post and we can get this sorted for you there?

Very sorry for this inconvenience, we’ll get your dream delay back in action ASAP!

doogdoogdoog
      Participant

I’ve arranged a refund with the shop for this, thanks for your help.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.