Safe to connect MixingLink FX send to device that always offers phantom power?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Safe to connect MixingLink FX send to device that always offers phantom power?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      peterfrequency
      Participant

Hi there,

I’d like to add a TC Helicon Mic Mechanic 2 to the MixingLink FX loop, running 100% wet (followed by further external effects).

I’ll be using a TRS to XLR cable to connect the MixingLink FX send to the XLR input of the Mic Mechanic. The Mic Mechanic always sends phantom power – no way to turn this off. Will this create a problem if the MixingLink “receives” phantom power from the FX send output?

Please bear with me, I’m sure I’m missing something basic here. Don’t want to damage my equipment, but would really like this pairing to work.

Cheers,

Peter

mistercharlie
      Participant
      peterfrequency wrote:
      Hi there,

I’d like to add a TC Helicon Mic Mechanic 2 to the MixingLink FX loop, running 100% wet (followed by further external effects).

I’ll be using a TRS to XLR cable to connect the MixingLink FX send to the XLR input of the Mic Mechanic. The Mic Mechanic always sends phantom power – no way to turn this off. Will this create a problem if the MixingLink “receives” phantom power from the FX send output?

Please bear with me, I’m sure I’m missing something basic here. Don’t want to damage my equipment, but would really like this pairing to work.

Cheers,

Peter

It should be fine. The point of “phantom” power is that it should be invisible to devices that don’t need it. Hence the name.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.