same old question

Home Forums Products Stompboxes same old question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      pauliusmm

Hello, i just want  to know if there will be preset naming option? and when if so?

i think this is vital function because if there is 100 presets its impossible to memorize what number means what.

thanks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The men in suits would want me to say: It is not our policy to announce future developments ahead of time. Any other company would have to say the same.

But, on the positive side, it is VERY clear to us that people would like named presets. We did not put them in originally, because we felt that the display was too limited for names of any length. Also, we were not sure how you would name the presets. So, we are thinking …

madeski
      Participant

the best thing i can think of that would probably be useful would be if each bank could be labeled. so if i used presets 1:1 and 1:2 for chorus i could name it as such. so when scrolling through banks it could be names instead of numbers. I don't see how it'd be useful to name each present because i assume the name wouldn't come up until the preset was engaged. Though it would be cool to have a name for each one.

pauliusmm

that is good idea about naming banks, i thinnk it could be the right way to go

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Interesting. How about adding a 2 letter mnemonic for each effect type, so instead of saying "bank 10:2" it would say "CHVI 10:2". Would that be self-evident ? Or would it mean Chapter 6 ?

pauliusmm

yeah, if there is no other way, those 4 characters  (instead of saying "bank") could be used to name presets.

but maybe its possible to make a scrolling display?

hywelg

Scrolling display is a must I think. When selecting the bank it should display the  patch number the swap to the 'name' display and allow scrolling at that point.

As regards creating the names I'd be happy to accept that that can only be done on a computer.

madeski
      Participant

how many characters can the unit display? like 8? that should be plenty, unless it can scroll. i'm not sure how other people would use it, but they way my modfactor is set up is by mod types. so since the first bank is chorus i'd name it chorus. i'd know that 1:1 is a mild chorus and 1:2 is more drastic. for bank 2 i'd call it "0 flange" cause 2:1 is a deep, slow flange and 2:2 is a faster, shallower flange. 

another way people might want to use it is by songs, so bank 1 would be song A, bank 2 could be named song B. once i get to a bank i know what 1 and 2 are, but when i'm scrolling through in a live setting i tend to get confused, it'd be nice to look down and know my trems are loaded or my chorus or whatever. 

i think scrolling through names would definitely be better for me than scrolling through numbers

Reckedtrek

Scrolling would be awesome, but even 4 spaces is better than "Bank 4:2" On a Timefactor at least you can get EKO1, EKO2, DDL1, REV4.  On the ModFactor, a flange for the song Barracuda could be BARA, or CUDA. It's a bit limiting, but defintey better. Anything more is just that much better, as one or two more spaces open things up exponentially as far as naming possibilities.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.