Sampler Looping/crackle Problem

Home Forums Products Vsig and Preset Development Sampler Looping/crackle Problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      MFPhouse
      Participant

hi folks,

i build a Looper with Vsig.Everything works fine exept:

when the loop is made it´s played with an Crackle at the loop_end. If the Loop is fresh created.

I figured out it has nothing do to with Xfade parameter

It´s just the "start" parameter wich has to move a few ms seconds ( forward ). After that the crackle is away and all other Parameter works fine.

So , what to do ( programmed ) ? to get the loop direktly without an Crackle.

I just want to press the "record" and after finishing the Phrase i press the "Play" button, so the Recording play immediately direcly in the Loop…..without a crackle .

Thanks

ThreeFingersOfLove
      Participant

Maybe you could insert an adjustable gate with threshold, so that when the crackle appears, the gate opens and it suppresses it?

MFPhouse
      Participant

I tryed it today. But it did`nt changed anything.

But it was very interesting , because a found something new out !

I made the "gate" Modul direct after the Input and than to the Sampler-Modul.

( Sampler rec in )…and close the gate 0 db ( Signal didn´t reach Threshold at all ) Close. 

The "crackle" came definitely from the Sampler-Modul .

I recorded this crackle also . It ´s 36ms long ! no matter what kind auf Audio-Signal came in.

Means also Softed Attack Audio Material !. And it´s alltime the same.

I think it´s the "Trigger-Prozess" from/in the Sampler-Modul itself.

tomylee
      Participant

hi there, I also played with the sampler module, try to trigger the sampler with shorter impulses, that made the crackes disappear in my case, though I had a different preset setup as you, I was trying to trigger the sampler into audio range, that worked well with a bit of tuning, unfortunately the start time parameter is control not audio or mod domain, so I was not able to build a wavetable synth with my beloved h8000 😉

MFPhouse
      Participant

…mhhh. Now i still build it with a simple Delay Modul.

The crackle is much smaller but anyway out of control.

Now i am thinking about to build Crossfade modul .

Anybody ideas ?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.