Saving Play mode settings

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Saving Play mode settings

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      plinky

I really like my TimeFactor, but in a cover band situation I don't have time to flip through different presets in between songs. I just want one nice vanilla delay (no filters, modulation,
      etc) that I can tap tempo and use an expression pedal to vary the
      wet/dry mix. I can get this in play mode (digital or tape delay), but it seems after a few minutes it adds
      modulation and filter to the settings (and staggers the delay times), which is what I don't want.
      There is a pdf on the support page that talks about initializing the
      TimeFactor to unlock the presets. Would this help the concern? I couldn't
      find anything in the manual regarding saving anything in play mode as it is without giving it a preset name. Bit of a noob with this pedal. 

achaput

Hi Plinky,

It sounds like you might have assigned the expression pedal to the other knobs without realizing it. 

De-assigning knobs is done the same way as assigning them. If you move the expression pedal, the effect light starts blinkingto tell you that you can assign knobs to the expression pedal. Move the expression pedal to the Heel position and move a knob to the value you'd like it at the Heel position. Next move the expression pedal to Toe and move any knobs to where you'd want them at the toe position. To deassign a knob simply move it to the same value for both Heel and Toe. After you have made expression pedal assignments you must save your Preset. Press and hold the Encoder knob for a few seconds and select the Preset slot you want to save to. Then Press and Hold the Encoder Button again to save.

Whether you are in Play Mode or Bank Mode, saving a Preset is done the same way. The saved Preset can be used in either mode.

As far as unlocking extra Presets, the newest software update for TimeFactor doubles the amount of space for storing presets.

To check to see if your TimeFactor's Software needs to be updated, read this:
      http://forum.eventide.com/cs/forums/t/4993.aspx

TimeFactor Software Updates can be done from this page:
      http://eventide.com/AudioDivision/Support/Stompboxes/TimeFactor.aspx

plinky

Alright. I reinitialized the TF and double checked sw & serial #s and they're all ok. I went through and built my preset in play mode and saved it to bank 1:1 with no problems (digdly,same spd both dlys, no modulation or filter, plain vanilla). It works great until I use my expression pedal. The only thing I have the expression pedal assigned to change is the wet/dry mix. Once I use it it sounds like my delay levels get mixed up. I'll have a noticeably strong delay signal followed by a very faint delay signal with long repeats. I tried this about 5 times in a row to verify that I wasn't hitting anything while using the expression pedal. 

pkusy

I have had similar problems. I have had my TF for only a couple of weeks, so it may well be my lack of knowledge of the device, but in the last couple of days I have had a problem similar to plinky, both in bank mode and play mode.

In bank 1:1, I have saved a vintage delay patch with only one delay (A) and the ex pedal assigned only for the dry/wet mix. After playing for a few minutes, the sound has a modulation/chorus added which I can turn off by returning the modulation depth control to 0 but then it will soon re-appear again. I have checked, and as far as I can tell the ex p is only assigned to the control for the wet/dry miix

I am still trying to suss this out myself, but any comments that may help would be much appreciated.

plinky

I've only had it a few weeks myself, and I need to figure this out since I have a gig tomorrow evening. What kind of expression pedal are you using?

pkusy

I am using a Roland EV-5.

plinky

Hmm…I'm using a Boss FV-50L volume pedal that I've rewired as an expression pedal. It looks exactly like the Roland you have. I have a gig tonight. My bass player has a EB VP Jr 25k volume pedal that Eventide recommends. I'll borrow it from him and see if the problem exists using his pedal. It should take about a minute to determine if the problem is the expression pedal or the TimeFactor. I'll post my findings when i get a chance later tomorrow evening. 

plinky

Well, I still had the same concern after trying my bass players EB VP Jr. I had everything set up just where I wanted it, and as soon as I used the expression pedal with my hand, the timing on both delays went nuts. 

pkusy

I seem to have solved my problem, although there is still some mystery as to exactly how.  The factory preset that I used to create my patch that I saved to bank 1:1 was one that had the expression pedal assigned to add modulation depth.  I assigned the ex pedal to contol the wet dry mix, but did not realise that it was still controlling the depth knob.  As far as I can tell, the fix was to double check that the ex pedal was de-assigned for all knobs except the wet/dry mix and I am now no longer having the problems.  Used it for a gig last weekend and all was good.    You may need to check that the delay time and feedback controls are de-assigned  by setting them to thae same value for both the heel & toe positions of the ex-pedal (as per page 21 of the manual.) I would have thought that the problem would not be the ex-pedal itself.  I hope this is of some help.

plinky

Figured mine out with a quick email to tech support. Finally got around to tinkering with it some more tonight. Same issue. This pedal is NOT like the Intellifex I replaced. ;D It's like playing a video game and figuring out the combo moves. 

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.