Saving preset lists to ipad

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Saving preset lists to ipad

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      gt
      Participant

Recently I bought an H9 core and now have two H9s. They are fantastic.

I don’t know whether this problem began occuring after the latest updates because I never really did much of this before getting the second H9, but I’m having difficulty saving preset lists from the H9s to my ipad – via bluetooth.

Sometimes the process hangs at preset 95 or 96 or 97 or 98.

But most times, after saving the list, on the ipad list iinstead of the name of the preset it shows “H9-xxxx-preset” and therefore it will not save the preset(s) to the second unit.

It seems random as to which presets this happens to, sometimes ten sometimes more.

Sometimes restarting the H9 and reconnecting helps. Sometimes reinitializing the system settings helps (but I don’t want to have to do this)

Sometimes after several tries it sticks – other times I just give up and try later – needless to say it’s a waste of time and does not inspire confidence.

Any suggestions? All the software involved is the latest in both H9s, the app and the ipad.

Thanks – gary

gkellum
      Participant
      gt wrote:

I'm having difficulty saving preset lists from the H9s to my ipad – via bluetooth.

This is happening with both of the H9s, or with one H9 in particular?  When this happens both H9s are connected via Bluetooth?

gt
      Participant

It seems to be happening only on my original H9 and not the new core, but I haven’t tried to save much from the core yet.

I only have one h9 connected via bluetooth at any time. -gt

gt
      Participant

OK looks like I’m on my own here.

In any case upon further experimentation I have deduced that the bluetooth in my ipad (ipad mini 2) is not suitable for the h9. It does most functions fine, and as far as I know, before the last updates, stored the preset lists OK from my original h9. It works fine with the new core that I just bought (with the same updates). When I tried to connect both units via bluetooth I got a message saying that this function was not supported by my device (ipad).

Both h9s connect via bluetooth to my lenovo PC and function properly in all respects.

It is still curious to me that the new core works fine with my ipad, but my old original h9 does not. (The serial number begins with 01…)

So I’ll just use my lenovo for preset lists. I understand that some of the main issues adressed by apple in the 3rd generation ipads was to beef up the wifi and related stuff, so if you have a 3rd gen or better you might be OK.

Play on……gt 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.