Scroll presets and remain active

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Scroll presets and remain active

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      montigeau
      Participant

I was reading posts from a couple months ago about scrolling presets with MIDI, some of them stated that if you save your preset as 'active' it will automatically be active when you scroll to it via MIDI (one click), then I saw one from a couple months ago that said the version changed and went back to two clicks no matter what, one to cue the preset and one to activate. 

The bottom line is I want one click to activate a preset via MIDI, so if I need to go straight from one preset into the next I don't need two clicks.  Do I need to revert back to an earlier version to do this?  I tried to save them active last night and it didn't work.  Every time I loaded one it wanted another click to activate no matter what.   

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The "save your preset as active" (or inactive) applies to MIDI Program Change. I'm guessing that when you say "scroll" you are using CC to go to the next or previous presets.

Currently, the CC approach does the same as pressing the switches, meaning it changes the "pending" preset – you have to hit another switch to load it.

The next software version, due in a month or two, has the ability to set up a CC to load (make active) the next or previous preset, which sounds like what you want.

montigeau
      Participant

okay, thank you! For the time being, could I use MIDI program change messages to accomplish what I'm trying to do? Would that work?  I just read the manual and it seems like it might.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Depends on exactly what you are trying to do and the capabilities of your pedal board. It's worth a try.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.