“Send” control with H9?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes “Send” control with H9?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      jfcharles

On the Eclipse, one of the most useful parameters for Reverb/Crystal effects is the “Send” percentage. It’s used in almost all of my expression pedal assignments.

With the H9, how can we make the equivalent? And I’m not talking about DSP/FX bypass mode, I would like to modulate the input send to the DSP with the expression pedal. 

Thanks for any tip.

jfcharles

Let me quote the Eclipse manual, for instance Reverse Crystals preset: “If you want to modulate the input to the loop […], this is a fantastic place to do it. You won’t get zippering.”

Well, I agree with that. How can I realize this fantastic input modulation with just an H9 and an expression pedal? Looks impossible to me. My current solution: Boss LS-2 + Boss FV-500L. It’s also fantastic, but takes a lot of space…

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry – really don't understand the question. Hopefully someone else does.

ReverendLove
      Participant

Isn’t it the same as the mix or intensity parameter does? These rule the balance between the wet and dry signal.

BTW: I wonder what the mix parameter does if [KILDRY] is on.

nickrose
        Eventide Staff
        ReverendLove wrote:

BTW: I wonder what the mix parameter does if [KILDRY] is on.

If KILLDRY is on, the MIX becomes a "wet level" control.

jfcharles

Maybe I misunderstand something, so let me clarify my question. See attached pictures. Thanks.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry – not a feature the H9 has as such. Input Swell might be the closest, while on some algorithms there are knobs that give similar effects, such as mix, feedback, etc.

A rack-mount unit will often have many more features than a stompbox, for obvious reasons. But, it is bigger, costs more and is often harder to use. Horses and courses.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.