Serial/Parallel routing with Timefactor and Space

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Serial/Parallel routing with Timefactor and Space

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      MarcoR
      Participant

Normal

false
      false
      false

EN-US
      X-NONE
      X-NONE

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Currently I’m running the Timefactor and Space in the serial
      loop of my MOD50. I don’t like feeding the Space with the processed output from
      the Time factor; I don’t want to put reverb on the delay repeats as it sounds
      muddy.

Has anybody else come up with a solution for this dilemma?  I was hoping I could do something like go stereo
      out of the Timefactor with the delay on only one side feed into the stereo
      inputs of the space, then apply reverb to the dry signal and sum in mono out.
      That make sense? Except Space doesn’t do that.

So, my options are:

Deal with it and create a patch that has lower
      reverb level when the delay is on. Won’t work because Space has a horrible lag
      when changing presets.

Use the serial loop of the MOD50 for the
      Timefactor and the parallel loop for Space.

Normal

false
      false
      false

EN-US
      X-NONE
      X-NONE

MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Acceptable, but not functional as I
      use a snake to patch everything to and from my pedalboard and amp. I’d have to
      run extra cables or move Space to a rack with my amp.

Use a device like a Pigtronix Keymaster to mix
      the Timefactor and Space in parallel. Great idea but there’s another 250$ on equipment and
      more real-estate on my pedalboard.

Any suggestions?

jb4674

Get an RJM Effect Gizmo.

MarcoR
      Participant

jb4674:

Get an RJM Effect Gizmo.

I'm not really sure how that would solve the problem but thanks.

MarcoR
      Participant

Let me try to ask the question a different way. I want to have delay and reverb together in parallel not in series. Using the left right inputs and outputs and sum the processed signals together. Any ideas?

I'm surprised no one else sees the need for this routing as most brands have this covered. My old Intellifex allowed you to bleed the reverb into the delay (or not). The G-System has a series parallel routing to separate the reverb from delay. Even boss effects allow you to configure wet/dry outputs.

So how about a software update request: A setting that allows you to set the left output dry and the right output wet and a setting for a wet through.

With that option you would be able to pass a wet and dry signal from the Timefactor to Space. Then space could process the dry signal with reverb and sum the its processed signal with the wet feed from the Timefactor or output a wet and dry signal if both outputs are connected.

NikosGuitar

I think that the best way to run the TimeFactor with the Space in parallel is the Stereo X-Blender (SXB-1) by Xotic Effects Custom Shop:

http://www.xotic.us/customshop/item_sxb1.html

watch the videos on this link and you will understand how you can run the Eventide stompboxes…

-don't forget to enable the Kill Dry to both stompboxes!

another solution is the Mini Line Mixer by RJM:

http://www.rjmmusic.com/minilinemixer.php

you can split the signal from amp's fx-loop Send with a Y cable and the one cable will go to Mini Line Mixer 's 4/Dry input and the other cable split again to Y cable with

the one goes to TimeFactor's left/Mono input

and the other to Space's left/Mono input.

From the TimeFactor's left/Mono output to Mini Line Mixer's 1st input 

and from the Space's left/Mono output to Mini Line Mixer's 2nd input.

Lastly,from Mini Line Mixer's output to amp's fx-loop return.

If you have any true-bypass looper with at least two loops,you will avoid all this Y cables!

from fx-loop Send to true-bypass looper Input.

put each stompbox to each loop…and from there you can enable or disable the stomp you want… and from there you can feed  the Mini Line Mixer's inputs.

the output from the true-bypass looper to  Mini Line Mixer 's 4/Dry input.

and from Mini Line Mixer's output to amp's fx-loop return.

You can ask mr.Ron Menelli,the founder… for better solution here:

http://www.rjmmusic.com/contactinfo.html

He is very nice guy and pleasant to talk!

other solutions are the Suhr MiniMix II and the Lehle parallel L,but i don't think that's your thing!

Personally,if you already have true-bypass looper,the best way is the RJM mini line mixer. If you don't … the Xotic Stereo X-Blender! 

Good Luck,

Nikos

MarcoR
      Participant

Thanks! Those are some very good suggestions; I didn't know about either the Stereo X-Blender or the Mini Line Mixer. I was searching for something like the Mini Line Mixer and I'm surprised I didn't find that. I think the Stereo X-Blender looks very cool but expensive and pretty similar to the Pigtronix Keymaster.

I'll report back with what I come up with.

NikosGuitar

And…

MarcoR
      Participant

I ended up getting the Pigtronics Keymaster to run the Timefactor and Space in parallel. It's working great and really cleans up the sound.

The routing out of my effect loop goes like: Amp loop send -> decimator -> Pitchfactor -> Keymaster In -> Keymaster Send A  -> Space -> Keymaster send B  -> Timefactor -> Space & Timefactor outs back to their respective Keymaster returns -> Amp Loop return.

Notes: The Timefactor has Killdry set to ON; being that Space is almost always active with reverb, I choose it to carry the direct signal.

The Pitchfactor is before the keymaster so pitch/whammy effects are split by the Keymaster into Space & Timefactor. The Pitchfactor bypass type is set to true bypass and the others are set to dsp + effects.

It really is an awesome setup I just wish Space had the same midi program change behavior as the Timefactor and Space but that's another topic.

NikosGuitar

Thanks for answer!

It's a good setup! … enjoy your music!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.