Set Tap Tempo with External Pedal

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Set Tap Tempo with External Pedal

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      flyingv2010

Hello Timefactor users,

Can anyone (maybe Eventide Crew?) tell me in a short summery how I can set a tap-temp with a external pedal. (must I connect it to the Aux Switch)

Thanks,

René

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You can either use an Aux switch, or any suitable MIDI pedal. The User Manual will tell you how (under System Menu).

flyingv2010

Thanks for your reply, but I don't how to do it. In the manual is written that I first must press encode, but when I do that it's switching between tempo on and tempo out.

Is it possible that you make a short overview?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It really is all in the manual and it would be hard for me to add much that would be useful. Please study it carefully and rigorously – there is much useful information there.

In this, your problem is that you need to "press and hold the Encoder and Right Footswitch simultaneously for a few seconds to enter and exit the system mode."

flyingv2010

That was the problem. I didn't  press and hold the encoder and right footswitch together. But if I take the option: TAP < TIP , the footswitch didn't take over taptempo, but activate and bypass the preset.

is it only possible to tap the tempo in play-mode or is it also possible in the bank-mode.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

flyingv2010:

the footswitch didn't take over taptempo, but activate and bypass the preset

It is possible to have multiple things connected to a footswitch – if you look at the other settings, you'll probably see that BYPASS is connected to TIP as well – this would explain what you see. The solution will be apparent.

flyingv2010:

is it only possible to tap the tempo in play-mode or is it also possible in the bank-mode

If you use the external footswitch, it will be active in either mode.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.