Sharing H9 Max Algorithms with an H9 Core

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Sharing H9 Max Algorithms with an H9 Core

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      spock

I’m considering purchasing an Eventide H9 Max with an H9 Core, but have some questions about sharing algorithms from an H9 Max to an H9 Core.  

I understand that if I own both pedals (the Max and Core) that the algorithms can be shared with the H9 Core provided that both units are registered to the same account with Eventide.   I’ve read that I’ll need to connect the Core using the iPad app and select restore purchases – through the settings menu.  At this point the algorithms should be shared.   That is, the H9 Core will now have all the algorithms of the H9 Max.   Now here are my questions.

Once the Core has been connected and has received algorithms from the H9 Max what happens when the Core is power cycled?  Will I need to reconnect via the iPad to re-download the Max algorithms?   If this is the case would I need to insure that the Core remains continuously connected to the iPad app during normal use? 

Take for example if I place both units on my pedal board and I’m out on a gig – would it also be necessary to drag an iPad with an internet connection so that the Core runs like a Max for that gig?   Or can I just turn both pedals on and they will both behave like a Max without either pedal needing to connect to the iPad app?

Thanks in advance! 

gkellum
      Participant
      spock wrote:

Take for example if I place both units on my pedal board and I'm out on a gig – would it also be necessary to drag an iPad with an internet connection so that the Core runs like a Max for that gig?   Or can I just turn both pedals on and they will both behave like a Max without either pedal needing to connect to the iPad app?

Syncing your H9 Core with your iPad is a one time operation.  After that, you can "just turn both pedals on and they will both behave like a Max without either pedal needing to connect to the iPad app".

spock

Excellent!  Thanks for clarifying that gkellum.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.