Shimmer plugin

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Shimmer plugin

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      wilkinsi
      Participant

I have a couple H9’s, but I really need Shimmer as a plugin. When are Eventide gonna do this?

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

I can't make any guarantees as to if/when, but we'll note your request.

iszoloscope
      Participant

I would also kill for this! Well, not literally… but I would pay for it imediately.

Jose7822
      Participant
      tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

It took a couple years, but we made it happen 😉

wilkinsi
      Participant

THANK YOU, 🙂

modalmojo
      Participant

How does the plugin compare to H9 hardware in terms of sound quality?

wilkinsi
      Participant

How do I convert and H9Z file into a .TIDE file? Can you make it possible for Shimmerverb to read both file types, please?

wilkinsi
      Participant

Here ya go. By the way, I’ve found that when altering the decay dial, it has a profound effect on how wet the plugin sounds, despite setting the MIX to 100% every time. I tried a piano track, and setting the DECAY to 0% makes it sound 50%. Setting the DECAY to 0% makes it sound very wet. Since there is no modulation dial, I am confused as to why the preset Vertigo Verge sounds as though its smoothly modulating up in pitch. What am I missing? I’m so confused now.

wilkinsi
      Participant

Oh, it bloody worked this time. I wonder if my Mac has bad RAM..

wilkinsi
      Participant

Correction to above – when I set to decay to 100%, it sounds 50$ wet. If I set the decay to 0%, then it sounds much wetter. Like I said, I am very confused.

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi-

Okay, the Decay issue you're experiencing – that's expected for the reverb and by design. It's a BH style reverb where Decay is increasingly pulling the whole signal through, and Size and Decay work together to create the total reverb decay time.

The Vertigo Verve modulating up is because the Pitch Shifters are set to 11c and 18c respectively – so each time they are fed back into the reverb, they will climb slightly.

Hope that helps.

-Tom

wilkinsi
      Participant

The sunlight and heat is killing me, but I’ll keep at it. I’ve already bought the plugin.

udzierz

Hey tlongabaugh,

Many thanks for the reply and clarification. I might try an in-place upgrade to 10.11 El Capitan, but first I need to upgrade to a larger disk 😉

Cheers,

Udo.

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff
      modalmojo wrote:

It should be near identical.

iszoloscope
      Participant
      udzierz

Thank you so much for making Simmer as a plugin! I bought it and was hoping to use it on my older MacBook Pro running OSX 10.6.8. I installed it correctly and authorised it with iLok, but it does not appear in any audio apps. I want to use it with Ableton Live 8.0.1, but have also tried Garage Band and Audacity. Tried refresh plugins, turn off/back on custom plugin folder, etc, whatever I could find on the web. It works fine on a newer MacBook running OSX 10.16.

It would be great if you could help me get it working on OSX 10.6.8, or else confirm that it’s just not intended to.

Many thanks in advance!

Best wishes, Udo.

Jose7822 wrote:

Well, your wishes came true gentleman. No need to kill anyone either:

https://store.eventideaudio.com/products/shimmerverb?variant=35462241616033&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&utm_campaign=gs-2018-12-10&utm_source=google&utm_medium=smart_campaign&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgtSX_riB6wIVC9vACh3RIgzFEAQYAiABEgJt-_D_BwE

wilkinsi
      Participant
      tlongabaugh wrote:

modalmojo wrote:

It should be near identical.

Doesn’t quite sound 100% wet when I set it to that, compared to the hardware version. I should also add that I already tried importing .tide presets I made on the H9 into an insert instance, and it doesn’t work. Renaming .h9z files as .tide doesn’t help either. Please work on an update/fix for these issues. Thanks.

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Could you take a screenshot or provide a preset of the settings where you aren't hearing 100% wet? Due to hardware differences, the pedal / plugin might sound slightly different, but I wouldn't expect the wet/dry mix to be affected.

H9 Control should export .tide presets, if you export them one at a time using the "Export Preset" button in the Presets view of H9 Control. You can then load these through the "LOAD" button in the ShimmerVerb UI. Renaming the .h9z file to .tide won't work, unfortunately.

wilkinsi
      Participant
      tlongabaugh wrote:

Could you take a screenshot or provide a preset of the settings where you aren’t hearing 100% wet? Due to hardware differences, the pedal / plugin might sound slightly different, but I wouldn’t expect the wet/dry mix to be affected.

H9 Control should export .tide presets, if you export them one at a time using the “Export Preset” button in the Presets view of H9 Control. You can then load these through the “LOAD” button in the ShimmerVerb UI. Renaming the .h9z file to .tide won’t work, unfortunately.

Sorry, please disregard my comment about the 100% wet sound. Not sure why, but it sounds correct now. I have since rebooted my Mac and interface a few times today.

Unfortunately, I don’t have the H9’s anymore, so I can’t export those presets I have on disk again. When I try to load these user presets in Shimmerverb, the only thing that changes is the correct name. The parameters don’t change at all. I don’t get any error message.

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hm, that's odd – I'm able to import .tide presets saved from H9 Control into the ShimmerVerb plugin here. Can you post up the presets that are giving you problems?

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hey, unfortunately we only support macOS 10.9 and higher, so we can't offer support for 10.6.8.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.