Should I sell all my three stompboxes and buy H9 ?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Should I sell all my three stompboxes and buy H9 ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      cembo

I am not sure whether this has already been discussed here on forum or not but I will ask anyway. What’s the advantage of owning TF, PF and MF when H9 does it all.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff
      cembo wrote:

I am not sure whether this has already been discussed here on forum or not but I will ask anyway. What's the advantage of owning TF, PF and MF when H9 does it all.

Depends on how many effects you use at the same time.

Having TF,MF and PF would allow 3 different simultaneous effects, while an H9 only has one.

The H9 has a wider range of effects, and of course takes up less floor space.

Horses and courses.

Imerkat
      Participant

In the perfect world you would just add an H9 to your set up. but the real advantage is in MIDI control. all your knobs and switches can send MIDI data changes but a limited ability and ont as accessable on the H9. I still think the play/bank mode are ingenious but not available on the H9

Given To Fly
      Participant

Three reasons:

– Line Level settings on Factor/Space pedals

– You already have 75% of the algorithms and resale value on Factor pedals is not great.

– Theoretically, the H9 can do it all but for some reason, this does not translate to practical applications as well as you might think. Perhaps a more organized mind with a thorough knowledge of MIDI would disagree.

With that said, the H9 really is an incredible pedal. I would compare it to O’Hare International Airport in Chicago. It is too big and too complex to take in all at once yet somehow it’s easy to find your way around and never get lost. Out of all the guitar products using Bluetooth, Eventide is still the only company that successfully made it work. H9 Control simplifies the user experience whereas other companies complicate the user experience which leaves the user disenchanted. (You should not need an iPhone to use your practice amp!)  I use my H9 as my “front of amp” pedal which works quite well. Overall, there are no winners or losers here. yes

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.