Side Chain in Instant Phaser MKII

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Side Chain in Instant Phaser MKII

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      activesense
      Participant

I am a Cubase 10 user and the side chain functionality for Instant Phaser does not seem to work. Usually the option to create a sidechain is in the menu bar at the top of the plug in window, but it is not present for the instance of Instant Phaser. I have placed other plugins on the same track with succesful side chain operation. I didn’t read anywhere that side chain was DAW dependant. Can anyone share any wisdom on this topic, please?

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi-

At the moment, Instant Phaser Mk II is VST2 only. VST2 is known to have issues with sidechain in Cubase, as the method for sidechaining in the VST2-spec is a bit of a hack. I suspect that the other plugins you are using with sidechain are VST3 – please let me know if that is not the case.

You might also try this video, as it outlines how to set up VST2 sidechain in Cubase, though I'll admit it is quite involved: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI1s6HnTccM

We are working on a VST3 version which will simplify/fix the issue – however I cannot as of now promise a release date.

-Tom

activesense
      Participant

You are quite right about the VST3 status of the other plugins. As far as the workaround/hack that is far too much effort for such a simple thing, I am just going to approximate what I want with an automation curve for now.

I appreciate your insight and expediant response.

vidhano
      Participant

I have the same issue in Ableton Live 10 (64-bit), no option for side chain input is showing up. Maybe something I have overlooked here..?

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff
        vidhano wrote:

I have the same issue in Ableton Live 10 (64-bit), no option for side chain input is showing up. Maybe something I have overlooked here..?

Hi, please see the attached screenshot which demonstrates how to route a sidechain to Instant Phaser Mk II in Live.

-Tom

vidhano
        Participant

Thank you very much, works perfectly in Live now!

tlongabaugh wrote:

vidhano wrote:

Hi, please see the attached screenshot which demonstrates how to route a sidechain to Instant Phaser Mk II in Live.

-Tom

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.