Signal Chain for all 4 factor pedals and connections/setup

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Signal Chain for all 4 factor pedals and connections/setup

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Blksolo

Hi everyone,I just finished my factor pedal collection and now have all 4 pedals.Any suggestion on the pedal signal order? Also if I want to do stereo do I need to use both output jacks out of the first pedal in the chain,or could I use 1 cable to link the pedals and then go 2 cable stereo out of the last pedal in the chain? Thanks

MarcoR
      Participant

I’d probably settle on the Modfactor in mono in front of the
      amp and run the other three in the amps effect loop or after the pre amp. If I
      really wanted the Modfactor in stereo, I run it after the preamp.  But all that would depend if you are going
      into two clean amps in stereo or to a dirty amp with a stereo power amp.

I use an Egnater M4 preamp into a VHT 2/50/2; analog effects
      in front of the pre amp and digital after.

Out of the preamp, I go mono into the Pitchfactor, then
      stereo out into a splitter that splits the left and right signals 3 ways (6
      total), First L/R into Space, Second L/R into the Timefactor. The third L/R
      pair plus the stereo outputs from the Timefactor and Space all go into a RJM
      mini mixer output to stereo.

The Pichfactor is in relay mode so when it’s not active, the signal
      is pure and not converted. The Timefactor and Space have killdry on with DSP+FX and are in
      parallel so they don’t muddy each other up. When the Pitchfactor is active, the
      Timefactor and Space get the pitch altered signal so harmonies and Whammy
      effects get delay and verb.

Running them like this is absolutely stunning but most
      people would be terrified of a routing this complex.

This simple version would still be Modfactor in front of the
      preamp, then out the preamp into the Pitchfactor mono, then stereo out of the Pitchfactor into the Timefactor and stereo out into Space.

Still have the Pitchfactor set for relay but have Timefactor
      and Space set for DSP+FX.

I really like having the Timefactor and Space in parallel but
      it all depends how you want to chain the effects.

my setup pitch –>mod–>time–>space–>amps.  stereo started out of the pitchfactor and continued all the way through all other factor pedals to two amps.  This seems to work best for me.

Blksolo

Right now I'm just running them direct from a piezo electric guitar to a mixing board just to play around and get some sounds before I fully incorporate them into the rack.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.