Signal Path ideas for one H9 Max versus two (H9+core)

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Signal Path ideas for one H9 Max versus two (H9+core)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      soundofpop

Hi! I am getting a new fairly large pedalboard put together and am considering getting two H9’s (Max+Core), one for the pitch stuff to replace a whammy/Pog and one for mod, delays and reverbs.  This second one will fit in the stereo loops of my audio loop switcher (RJM Mastremind PBC) towards the very end of the chain but for the pitchfactor stuff it really should come rearly in the chain before the OD/Fuzz stuff so I would put that in before those pedals in oen of the mono loops.

I would consider getting only one H9 Max but I have no real way to move where the pedal is in the signal path.  What are people doing to deal with that issue since the placement of some of the h9 effects like the pitch related stuff usually sits before OD/DIST/FUZZ but all the mod and time based stuff would sit at the end of the signal chain.  

Trying to gather options before deciding which way to go with it.

I wish there were some better demos of the pitch related stuff – I am hoping that with it and an expression pedal it can really replace the Digitech whammy/octave stuff and keep things compact.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Glenn

LA Keys
      Participant

Well, as the subject says are you aware that if you buy a Max and a Core you will end up having all the algorythms in BOTH pedals? On a side note, a suggest that if you do that Register the Max first, as it is easier to manage the algorythm this way. If you do the Core first you may have to go to the tedious process of retrieving all the algos for the Core once you will have register the Max.

This being said, the signal path should not be a problem anymore as you can “swap” the algos from both pedals… Also, Eventide will soon come up with a Dist algorythm, maybe you will then nedd 3 H9?  wink

Just kidding but in fact some of have 3 or even 4 H9…

My advice, Buy a MAX first, if you really like it buy one (or more) Core. The more Core you buy the best bang for the bucks you have. A single Max is expensive, but the total cost for 1 Max and 2 Cores make this combinations much better, considering that you will then have the equivalent of 3 Max.

LA

lmlyons
      Participant

A disclaimer of sorts – I perform new country.   It requires clean to rock and about every point in between.  

If it is possible in your setup, you may want to consider placing the time based reverb effects H9 in the pre-amp/power amp loop.  Its not for everyone certainly.   Either there is a long cable run from your pedal board back to the amp along with the guitar cable, or you place it at the amp with a midi control pedal at your board.   This last option does ring up the total on your effects costs.   The trade off – effects not colored by the pre-amp at all, verses simplicity.  You have to answer which is important.  

I have three H9’s.  I put the OD Compressor pedals up front of the signal path and the first H9 at the last of the signal path before preamps. This splits the signal to stereo for the amps – I run a Twin and Marshal pair.   This unit gets the choruspitch shift kind of workload.  The other two are put in the preamp loops of amplifiers for echoreverb workload.    I only use the OD pedals half of the time.  The other half, I use my amps preamps to OD the signal.  Kind of the best of all worlds – choruspitch after OD pedals before OD on amps between both OD pedals and OD preamp.  Pitch shift isn’t something I would do on the preamp loop H9’s as a regular go to sound however – but I do have a few settings where I dial up micro pitch and 12 string at the preamp loops.   Really cool split.

Best Regards,

joeydego
      Participant

although it probably cant be done, it would be awesome to use the pedal in mono and 4CM in and out of it. 

soundofpop

Thanks for the tips everyone!

Glenn

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.