SKB Stage 5

Home Forums Products Stompboxes SKB Stage 5

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      stratboy2006

Hey guys – I just bought a SKB Stage 5 pedal board and just wanted to make sure the power plant on it is compatible with the Pitch Factor and Time Factor.  They have two 9V 1.4 amp sources and the stompboxes are 9V 1200 mamp.  I am not an electrician so I hope I have not embarrassed myself with this question.  I know that 100 MA probably wont work.

Thanks for taking the time!

John

achaput

Hello,

It sounds like there is enough current on the SKB. However please make sure the polarity of the power connector is tip positive. Remember, we recommend the PowerFactor,
      which can run up to three Eventide Stompboxes plus up to 4 9VDC/100mA
      pedals. The PowerFactor carries a 5 year warranty and includes
      the cables required to power 3 Eventide stompboxes and the special
      mounting plate for PedalTrain pedalboards.

**Users may try non-recommended third party power supplies at their own risk. Resultant damage is not covered under warranty.**

See the full power specs below-

Power Supply

What are its specs?
      5.5 x 2.5mm barrel, tip positive.TimeFactor can operate from a 5W power source that supplies regulated 9 to 12VDC max.
      The
      minimum required power ranges from a maximum of 4.5W at power up (all
      LEDs lit) to about 3.6W in normal operation depending on how many LEDs
      are lit.

For a regulated 12VDC, the current requirement is 380mA at power up and 300mA in normal operation. Do not use unregulated 12V.

For a regulated 9VDC, the current requirement is 500 mA at power up and 400mA in normal operation.

stratboy2006

Awesome – thank you. 

roverdog
      Participant

Thanks for the info on power requirements,

I have a PowerFactor already but have my 4th Factor Pedal on order.  I already have a PedalPower 2 Plus.  While I know Eventide recommeds the PowerFactor, will the PP2+ work if the dip switchs are set correctly, as identified in the PP2+ manual?

Steve 

madeski
      Participant

Those outpust on the Stage 5 are 9v 1.3amp  AC, not DC. DO NOT USE THEM FOR THE FACTORS!!!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.