Slicer for Modfactor

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Slicer for Modfactor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      miggator

Any chance we could get a slicer effect added to modfactor in a future update?  I know undulator will kinda do it but having a slicer would be excellent.

timothyhill

+1

Not a huge fan of slicers myself, but I can see its usefulness. Maybe this could be another option under tremolo… like an extreme square-wave tremolo. The current MF tremolo does enough for me, but again, I could see where a more extreme setting would be of use.

miggator

With tremelo you only get one or two patterns which are straight 8th or 16th notes.  With a slicer you can get more complicated paterns such as ti-tipi (one 8th/2 16th) patterns etc.

timothyhill

Exactly!

NikosGuitar

+1

guitarlesson

In the past, I've requested "sequenced modulation" effects be added to the ModFactor, similar to the Roger Lynn AdrenoLynn or the Zvex SeekWah, SeekTrem, Ringtone, etc. (The AdrenoLynn was used for the slicer effect on the intro of Green Day's Boulevard of Broken Dreams.) 

The upside of this idea is that  while sequenced modulation could be a slicer, it could also be used for much much more than that.

brock
      Participant
      Quote:
      The upside of this idea is that  while sequenced modulation could be a slicer, it could also be used for much much more than that.

Already having an AdrenaLinn III in the chain has kept me from picking up a Modfactor.  Now, if it was only built like a ModFactor.  The sequencer can control most of its effects, with special emphasis on slicing patterns, filters, and the 'arpeggiator" (resonant flange 'pitches').  There is one user-programmable slot, and 3 x 20 patterns; geared for each major effect.  A simple A-D envelope is available to each (of the 32) steps.

A ModFactor update might have to limit itself to a number of static patterns (much like the "grooves" in PitchFactor's Harpeggiator).  I used to find slicer-type sequencing to be limiting.  My first reaction was to surrender to the sequence, and adapt my technique to keep up with it.  But there's a lot more creative leeway in it than that.  With proper technique (adjusted to the sequence), it becomes more of a subtle overlay that binds everything together.

achaput

By Adjusting the S-Mod and Mod Rate knobs you can get some pretty complex rhythms. I made a video illustrating some of this-

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgleGJk8bAA:550:0%5D

guitarlesson

Thanks for the thought Alan. I don't think random complexity is what we're talking about though. At least not me. Check this out…

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmCDlbUdX4E:550:0%5D

The Pitchfactor kinda does this sort of thing, except with pitch instead of modulation waveforms.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.