Small FR for EQuivocate: click in value for solo handling

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Small FR for EQuivocate: click in value for solo handling

Tagged: ,

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      aschneider
      Participant

Hi,

I’ve been involving EQuivocate in my mastering workflow for a couple of days now. I make small adjustments per band on a regular basis, finding that the only way for now to solo a band it to click the solo button. A clip of the use case in question.

It would be more useful if I could just click the band to enable solo instead. I suggest this: Once the user press a solo button for a band, EQuivocate will follow solo to another band as soon as the users presses the value field for that band. That way one can review band levels in context and more efficientely without click all round the solo buttons. If solo is not active in at least one band, the use case does not apply. 

You guys have something valuable here. I look forward to know more about your envisioned work in the next months.

Warm regards.

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi aschneider,

This is an interesting feature request.  I will think about it.  What if it was a key combination, like "s" click on a band?  Just throwing things out there to consider.

Thanks,

Dan

aschneider
      Participant
      That was my first idea, in fact. I validated, however, that ‘s’ could present problems across some DAWs and more importantly, during my own use cases I found that there is simply no use on altering a value field of a band I am not hearing, therefore a shortcut addition (which is conventional) is not even necessary. I expect HQ software to abstract noise steps from me.

Beyond the implementation method I am glad you are aware of the opportunity. In general, an approach where as a user one could focus on the fragile details inside those bands instead of the tool itself is gonna get EQuivocate into RAM.

If somehow you want me to give one of your builds a spin before release I’ll be more than happy to help.

Thank you for consider this.

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

The problem I'm most concerned about with the simple click is when you've alread soloed multiple bands.  But I've added this as a feature request and will consider it.

Thanks,

Dan

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.