So what’s next Eventide?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes So what’s next Eventide?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author
      kdavies

As we are now up to 4 pedals in this wonderful product line Eventide has put out, and having some serious GAS problems to deal with, I'm curious if Eventide has any secret plans up their sleeve to unleash up all of us. 

It will probably take me to the end of my days to get through all the goodness in my current pedal line-up, and I'm not sure what is left to tackle as the 4 pedals seem to cover the range of what most of us are looking for, but as I don't see anyone else asking, thought I should.

Anything new in the pipeline Eventide?

achaput

Can you wait until NAMM?

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

No!

LOL

but seriously interested to see what is coming

kdavies

That a whole 2 months away!

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

76 sleeps

Jerra.S
      Participant

So there is something new coming ….. hopefully a Loopfactor – THE Loopingpedal

achaput

One tough part about working at Eventide is keeping secrets of the exciting new stuff that's in the works! By now you know that Eventide gear rocks, right? The new stuff is even more exciting…

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Not helping Alan 😉

LOL

i am sure it will be very exciting though.

madeski
      Participant

I'd really love to see a full floor unit like the Line 6 HD series or the one Boss has. 

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

That would be very cool, multi fx fully routable… Preferably with extra algorithms from things like the Eclipse of H series.

thing I love about the Eventide effects is that they are not just say a reverb … But Blackhole where it is modulated and twisted combination of effects…. Gives a unique edge, take and flavour.

Har
      Participant

Funny thing for me is: I'd really like to see something totally backwards (especially considering this is the Stompbox forum Wink ) – rack-mounted versions of Space and PitchFactor, which would continue in the piecemeal/ala carte concept the Factor pedals offer for effects that you actually need…but in a rackmounted form, as opposed to something more "all in one" like Eclipse (and would in theory, I'd hope, also be more affordable). 

This would be great for those of us using hybrid pedal/rack systems and would love to have the awesomeness of the sounds from our pedals like Space and PitchFactory also inline within the chain of various rack effects we might have as well.

For example, if you have a great rackmounted guitar processing unit of some kind – say, a SansAmp PSA or RBI – and you'd like to take that "completed" guitar or bass tone and THEN send it through the killer reverbs in Space…you could do so, and without having to use the rack unit's effects loop out to your pedal version of Space and back (assuming it even has a loop to do so). Or for more flexibility (for weirdos like me who love to really pile 'em on), you'd then be able to send signals processed earlier by your Space or PF in your pedalboard, and then hit it again later on within your rack's effect chain. Smile

wilkinsi
      Participant

Rackmount Space and/or Pitchfactor? I'm hoping they'd just release an update with Space/Pitchfactor algorithms/programs for the Eclipse. I would not be opposed to a rackmount SPC/PF, but they'd have to have AES/EBU to suit my setup. Besides which, I don't have enough outlets on my power conditioner.

jamongrande
      Participant

I would really hope for some more updates to the Factor series.  It seems as if many people are very happy with the algorithm updates in the TF.  I would really hope for the same, in particular for the MF and PF.  Strangely, I'm barely using the MF for its most traditional modulation effects (can't get the phaser happening) and have instead used it as a programmable gate/overdrive/volume pedal.  I really like it in this capacity, and just wish I could get more out of other settings.  And while I find the PF's portamento to be an interesting and useful timbre in itself, it too is being surpassed in terms of pitchshifting quality.

At the risk of being "that guy" I would hope you could head off brand defectors enticed by another company's recently announced modulation pedal.  I most likely would have kept my TF and not gone to the other Time**** box if the algorithms were comparable at the time.  (To be honest the unnamed modulation pedal doesn't sound that remarkable that I will switch, but just saying…)

In the long run, I've been happy with the MF and PF and doubt I will get rid of either.  But some encouraging words about updates.

wilkinsi
      Participant

Rackmount version of the powerfactor? Only it would have IEC's, work in the UK, and have 12-14 outlets? Now THAT would help me ALOT! Wink

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Should be fairly easy to rackmount a PowerFactor, BTW it does come with IEC connector and works with worldwide voltages.

but I guess you need more outlets, you could try daisy chaining some of the low draw items if possible?

i am sure there are more elegant solutions out there though. Also, I can't see this being Eventides

's core business either.

wilkinsi
      Participant

The most outlets I can get on a power conditioner these days is 11.

And if there's one thing I don't like about new gear, its that there isn't always enough warning, so there's the danger of spending the same budget on something else, then regretting it. Put it another way, money's burning a hole in my pocket!

DavidYates

A refresh of the user interface on the Time, Mod and Pitch to be more like the Space would be killin'.

I have all 4 of these beauties and really, really wish I could navigate and SEE what the older 3 pedals are doing like I can on my Space…

See you guys @ NAMM!

David

wilkinsi
      Participant

Spill the beans! At least tell us if it'll be hardware or software 😉

kdavies

H9 Looks awesome! can't wait to hear it, or get my hands on it!!

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Now this looks REALLY interesting.

Control from an iPad via bluetooth!

Liking this idea a lot

Will all the Factor algorithms be available? to purchase as an option.

is there options to create your own?

LOADS of questionsGeeked

davidkaeser
      Participant

Can't wait !!!!

coirbidh_99
      Participant

Man, the H9 looks like an easy win!  Please, PLEASE tell me that Eventide will use this as a platform for an expanded version of the TimeFactor's looping algorithm.  The MIDI and iOS control options provide enough flexibility to implement some really extraordinary real-time control over loops while still providing sufficient basic control with a three-button footswitch for less involved looping.

Jerra.S
      Participant

H9 is a great concept. I had hoped for a LoopFactor so there is a little dissapointment here. I hope the looper in the TF will soon have an update which eliminates the artifacts at the loopboders and which brings the long awaited loop-reverse function. Thanks.

Just bought an ART Pro PS4 x 4 Pro rack mount power conditioner, didn't make one iota of difference to my sound – a la ground hum etc. I s'pose it gives me some piece o' mind out of power surges etc, or I'd be demanding some retribution. Patience will reign supreme, patience.

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.