software updater bricks modfactor

Home Forums Products Stompboxes software updater bricks modfactor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      mjmundy
      Participant

H9 control app recognized the modfactor pedal and wanted to update it.  i went through the process and checked on it after several minutes of writing the update – dead.  replugging in the power adapter lights it up briefly – about a second, then it goes off.   H9 control app itself was just updated today to get CrushStation onto my H9 set.  I did not try any such update with the older control app.

is this a known problem?  any pointers?

thanks!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

See if you can get it into Update mode by holding down the middle switch at power up. If you can, try the update again. If not, it will have to come in.

mjmundy
      Participant

powered it up into update mode and tried the software update again.  it got through the write stage and has been on the update point for a few hours with the vertical bars sweeping from side to side on the display.  currently the side to side sweeps are going part way across the display, somewhat random looking.  is this going to make it? 

should this be interrupted for another try?  can an older firmware go on instead of the 5.0.0 beta?  the next one on the list is 3.5.0[4].

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Not sure where your vertical bars come from. Are they the usual modulation display ? If so, the update may have completed without you noticing.

The update normally takes less than 10 minutes. Restart your system, and see if it powers up normally. If not, try again with another update version.

Sorry you are having trouble.  On one side, updates can be troublesome, on the other, without being there, it's hard to know what is happening.

mjmundy
      Participant

as you said – that was it,   the system utility menu confirms the firmware version and the device is visible in H9 control.

thank you.

I have met this problem today trying to update Modfactor firmware from v5.2.5 to the last  beta version v5.2.6 via USB from the H9 Control soft running on Win10. However I was able to update SPACE and Timefactor just few minutes before with the same configuration.

When updating the Modfactor displayed a “Bad !!!!” message at average 5% of the writing procedure, then it stop and won’t start again. It started only in Update mode. And the Initialize procedure didn’t work.Then I tried to update  via “Eventide Direct Updater” software and  I had the same things. .   Then I tried to update via MIDI with both “H9 Control” and “Eventide Direct Updater” but these 2 soft was no able to connect successfully to my Midi interfaces.  Then I realized that Ableton Live was running in the same time on my computer, so I stopped it and retry to update  Modfactor directly from the  “Eventide Direct Updater”  soft  via USB and it worked fine. 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.