Some H9 for Bass GTR questions

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Some H9 for Bass GTR questions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      johnmarkpainter
      Participant

Are there any good Bass presets available for download??

Interested in using the Octaver but it has a TON of Sub in it.

Any way to Filter that I am not seeing?

Also interested in Bass Wah that I have seen demoed on the ModFactor.

Interested in replacing a few of the pedals on my board with the H9 but not sure if it really can.

The pedals I am thinking I might be able to replace are Octaver, Chorus, Bass Wah.

johnmarkpainter
      Participant

Been experiementing…

Some of the other Algorithms in the Mangled Verbs in particular have a “Low and High Output”.

That would be very useful in the Octaver.

The Fuzz is close to being good as well but it has no Tone Shaping.

gkellum
      Participant

Have you seen my colleague Russ's video where he goes through different algorithms he likes using with bass?

johnmarkpainter
      Participant

I did see that.  Good video

I was having a bit of trouble finding the right paramters/algorithms to work well with Bass.

Getting my head aroud it now.

For instance, in that video the refences the “Bass Wah” in the ModFactor…I finally found it.

Still getting used to how the parameters are laid out in the H9.

LA Keys
      Participant

Did you set the “source instrument” to Bass?  (This is under Pedal -> General settings.)

I don’t really know how much impact this have on the parameters since I’m actually using the H9 with keyboards and never tried a different setting but since Eventide put something there it should somehow affect the sound…

LA

johnmarkpainter
      Participant

WOW!  Nope….

It says it adjusts the range of the Filter knobs.

Thanks for that one.

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Bass mode also adjusts the pitchshifting algorithms to be able to track the lower notes of a bass guitar.  

johnmarkpainter
      Participant

Do the changes affect Presets you have already made or do you have to start from scratch?

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

You don't have to resave presets when you change the source to Bass.  It should just alter the settings in your current presets such that they are more "tuned" for lower register instruments.  This mostly applies to the PF stuff and a few filters cutoff frequencies here and there.  

spaceJam

I’m wondering if one can asign and save the “Source” value per preset. Or even better, with CC.

I sometimes use my guitar to loop bass lines on my band since we don’t have a bassist and having presets with emphasis on the low notes would be amazing.

Couldn’t find anything in the manual, but maybe for the next pitchfactor/H9 update?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Alas, the reply is no and no. Do you find that it makes so much difference ?

Mimmomix

Hi jhon, using not only octaver but also others (modullators, arpeggiators, delay too) i have the same ton of sub in them.
      Have you resolved the matter?
      I’m very interest in it.

johnmarkpainter
        Participant
        Mimmomix wrote:
        Hi jhon, using not only octaver but also others (modullators, arpeggiators, delay too) i have the same ton of sub in them. Have you resolved the matter? I’m very interest in it.

Sorry..,no.

I resolved it with an MXR Bass Octave Deluxe and currently with an HX Stomp

Mimmomix

Hi everbody!!! Some news about this? I really was waiting for improving to solve this gap. But nothing, seem to me, has happened yet.
      I have yet my two H9, but they are unsable because too much bass and sub bass!
      Let me know.
      Ciao.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.