• Author
      Marcel
      Participant

Some issues with Dropbox Share.

I have:
      H9 Max
      H9 Control for Windows
      H9 Control for iPad

This is my first Eventide pedal and I have it for 3 days now. Love it!! 🙂 Great sounds, versitile and very user friendly!

Yesterday I explored the Dropbox Share folder. When importing stuff in H9 Control I ran into some difficulties. I used the Windows version cause the iPad version doesn’t work very well for importing stuff. The difficulties:

1. You don’t know what you import: is it a preset and or a preset list? I wanted to import lists, so I made calculated guesses by the size of the files, so it was guesswork, which is not ideal. I did however manage to import a few lists with some very nice presets in it. 🙂

2. One of the lists (cant remember which) contained presets which had every value in every preset set to zero. Weird.

3. H9 Control asks, when importing, for which device they are for: TimeFactor, Pitchfactor, etc, etc. Sometimes the presets are in a map in Dropbox which tells you, but there is a lot of stuff (is my impression) where I haven’t got a clue.

4. When importing presets I often read in the H9 Control screen that there are presets imported. But where can I find them??? They are placed somewhere……They can be anywhere and I haven’t got a clue.

Another issue:
      FactorLib isn’t supported anymore by Eventide. Is it handy for me to google FactorLib and install it? Is FactorLib better equiped to overcome the difficulties I experience?

I want to add that I am really happy that I can participate in the Shared folder! 🙂 And nothing is perfect.

BMW-KTM
      Participant

I’ll be watching this for my own benefit.

I really have no comprehension at all of how the sharing thing works.

I joined the dropbox group.

I get notifications when someone has added or modified.

I click on it and nothing happens.

My Mac doesn’t seem to know what it is and I don’t blame it.

I can’t make heads or tails out of it either.

BMW-KTM
      Participant

Also, this business of my posts being delayed pending approval is kind of a nuisance is it not?

Just what sort of awful things get routinely filtered out by these overseers?

Marcel
      Participant

@BMW-KTM

No, this delayed posting is no nuisance for me. They want to monitor what is on their forum, I can understand that. And the few posts I did were very fast approved. So it is no problem for me.

About the clicking and nothing happens: the way to import is : just drag and drop the .h9z or .syx file into the H9 Control panel and it will import it.

(.sys is an older format but apart from that it is the same as a .h9z file, they both contain presets or lists of presets.)

Or you can import via: Settings > Import presets or preset lists.

But then the difficulties start that I mentioned.

Marcel
      Participant

Correction: I wrote .sys but I meant .syx

gkellum
      Participant
      Marcel wrote:
      1. You don't know what you import: is it a preset and or a preset list? I wanted to import lists, so I made calculated guesses by the size of the files, so it was guesswork, which is not ideal. I did however manage to import a few lists with some very nice presets in it. 🙂

We're working on an online preset sharing service that can be accessed through the website, and that should help with this sort of problem.  

Marcel wrote:
      2. One of the lists (cant remember which) contained presets which had every value in every preset set to zero. Weird.

There have been several versions of the preset format, and older versions cannot always be imported correctly.

Marcel wrote:
      3. H9 Control asks, when importing, for which device they are for: TimeFactor, Pitchfactor, etc, etc. Sometimes the presets are in a map in Dropbox which tells you, but there is a lot of stuff (is my impression) where I haven't got a clue.

Right, replacing Dropbox with a better online service will solve this problem.

Marcel wrote:
      4. When importing presets I often read in the H9 Control screen that there are presets imported. But where can I find them??? They are placed somewhere……

After you drag and drop a preset file onto H9 Control, the popup dialog has a button labelled 'Report' that tells you what presets were imported for what algorithm, or if lists were imported, what the name of the lists were…

Marcel wrote:
      Is it handy for me to google FactorLib and install it? Is FactorLib better equiped to overcome the difficulties I experience? I want to add that I am really happy that I can participate in the Shared folder! 🙂 And nothing is perfect.

I don't know if FactorLib would help with any of the problems you described. We'd be happy to send you links to the last builds of FactorLib if you email support@eventide.com, but there's no guarantee it will work on recent OS versions particularly if you have a Mac.

Marcel
      Participant

@gkellum – Thanks a lot for this great and detailed answer! Very informative.
      Good to hear that an online preset sharing service via the website is in progress.
      It would be nice if a preset list sharing service is incorporated. 🙂

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.