Some possible corrupt presets in TimeFactor V3.5 ?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Some possible corrupt presets in TimeFactor V3.5 ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      trancegodz

These presets from V3.5 in TimeFactor make it sound like the TimeFactor is broken:

23:1 Bit is set at 10 and sounds like a busted fuzz tone,

27:1 Bit is set at 10 and sounds like a busted fuzz tone,

41:2 Bit is set at 12 and sounds like a fuzz tone, but nowhere near as bad as the other examples.

42:1 Bit is set at 5 and sounds like a busted fuzz tone, with only short spits of sound,

42:2 Bit is set at 5 and sounds like a busted fuzz tone with only short spits of sound,

Is this normal or do I have broken TimeFactor. I can't imagine anyone would create presets that sound that bad on purpose.

I was able to get rid of the offending sounds in these presets by raising the Bit level above 12. it had 3.0 installed when I bought it so I updated the software to 3.5. i just bought it and can return it for another one if I need to. Do you think i have a defective unit?

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Hi Trancegodz,

Your unit isn't busted, that's what harsh quantization sounds like.   It might seem strange, but there are people who want that "bit-crushed" sound.  We try not discriminate with parameter ranges.  

-Russ

trancegodz

Thank you so much for the quick reply. It's great to know there is nothing wrong with the unit. I'll just raise the Bit level on those 5 presets.

I really love the TimeFactor and I'm amazed at the overall quality and sound.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.