Space

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Space

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      spacestation

Hi, I'm new here and I just preordered the SPACE from Novamusik.com

Questions:

– When do you expect to deliver to the above retailer – roughly when can I expect to receive the item?

– I live in the UK thus will be using UK mains voltage…is this a problem? I power everything with a Visual Sound 1 Spot (9V) power supply, will I be able to use that or should I only use the designated PS?

Many thanks!E

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Hard for us to say when it will be delivered as there is quite a queue – it will depend when your dealer placed the order to us.

Best that you contact your dealer – he should have the best idea.

UK mains voltage is supported, so no problem there. We can only recommend the use of our power supply, for obvious reasons. Your power supply manufacturer should be able to tell you if he can handle our pedals. He won't know SPACE, cos it's new, but the power requirements are similar to the TF/MF/PF.

usehername

Did the first run ship to dealers?

spacestation

The retailer says that they expect it in the second week of March, adding that they typically have the
      Pre Order items a few days early and it would be just a matter of
      waiting until the manufacturer allows them to release it….I'm going on the road in mid March and would love to take SPACE with me… so I hope that Eventide will press the 'release button' soon!  Any news on that would be highly appreciated.Wink

Imerkat
      Participant

Did Nova Musik say this??? i'm on their list too!Big Smile

spacestation

yeh…..  but shhh! Wink

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Can't comment on Space as it is not release, but assuming it is the same as all the other Factors that I have owned… you CAN power them with a OneSpot… use a OneSpot "L6" conector to get the right connector size.

The issue with all this is that the Factors need isolated power, so you can not chain a factor with other pedals unless you are using an isolating outlet supply…. OneSpot is not isolated.

there are other power supplies that will work, but obviously Eventide only support / recommend the official ones as they know they work and will not damage the box.

spacestation

that's very useful to know, as I don't own any other factor pedals.. thanks!!

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

no worries man, happy to help Big Smile

guitarlesson

Wait, so just for ABSOLUTE clarity… you can use 4 OneSpots to power 4 factors, but you cannot chain them to one supply, right? I understand that one OneSpot would probable not supply enough amps since my TF requires 1.2, but isolation is something I know little about. Thanks.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

guitarlesson:

Wait, so just for ABSOLUTE clarity… you can use 4 OneSpots to power 4 factors, but you cannot chain them to one supply, right? I understand that one OneSpot would probable not supply enough amps since my TF requires 1.2, but isolation is something I know little about. Thanks.

Yes that is correct. basically you have to have one power supply dedicated to one factor. you can not have multiple factors on the same onespot or even a simple compressor and a factor on the same onespot.

The exception to this is the power supplies that isolate each output…. like the powerfactor etc…. these power supplies are usually a lot more expensive.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.