Space Active switch not working after v401 update

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Space Active switch not working after v401 update

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      sunfalls

Just picked up a Space.  and after updating to v4.0.1.. the Active switch is not working.

then i went for the beta. and now it still won’t engage.

please help.

Can i downgrade at all ? where are older versions ?

sunfalls

i’ve sent a few emails directly to support@eventide yesterday.

having just picked this pedal up, I must politely insist that you send an older version of the software for me to use in the eventide direct updater.

Also, not having archived software versions available for the public is a bit odd. The only software that shows up in the EDU for me are v4.0.1[0] and the 5.2beta.

And H9 is a joke if i can’t even upgrade to 5.0.0. I just want a working 500$ pedal without having to wait another month and shell out more bucks for an obvious software bug.

So pretty please…. 

sunfalls

K. I just noticed something interesting…I powered up my Space and sent some synth through it…

And when i change presets theres literally a splash of the fx that comes through and then goes away. 

Literally with each preset change. so… whats that all about. and Active switch still not turning on. strange software stuff going on here.

sunfalls

this is most certainly not a hardware issue. i can’t imagine a software update actually frying an internal component. especially a heavy duty switch.

i would like to try reinstalling a version before 4.0.1[0].

sunfalls

well, apologies for the crazed multiple posts. its just a bugger that software is the issue on a stompbox.

Sending it in for repair. 

Thanks for the quick response Eventide! 

sduck

Yes, this is very frustrating. Presumably the folks at eventide will be pulling the bad upgrade files soon, if they haven’t already. (hint, hint)

sunfalls

yeah. its a bit nutty for sure. i wonder how many space pedals got bricked. youd think a software patch could fix an inactive switch without having to mail it in.

oh well. things are the way they are. i’m hitting up the post office this morning.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.