Space: Adding different parameters to knobs

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Space: Adding different parameters to knobs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      baloo
      Participant

Is there a way I can add a new type of parameter to a knob?  For instance I would like to have the Blackhole setting go to infinite, but Size, gravity etc don’t allow for it.  Could not find this in the manuals.  

gkellum
      Participant

I'm not 100% sure I'm understanding correctly.  Blackhole's Size parameter goes from 0 to 100.  You'd like it to go from 0 to Infinity instead?  There's not a way to do that…  Our DSP engineers spend a lot of time tweaking the parameters to make sure that they remain stable across their bounds, that they don't click when changed, etc.  Actually, this seems to be what takes up the majority of the time in developing a new algorithm.  So, we constrain parameters to bounds that we know are going to work well.

baloo
        Participant
        gkellum wrote:

I’m not 100% sure I’m understanding correctly.  Blackhole’s Size parameter goes from 0 to 100.  You’d like it to go from 0 to Infinity instead?  There’s not a way to do that…  Our DSP engineers spend a lot of time tweaking the parameters to make sure that they remain stable across their bounds, that they don’t click when changed, etc.  Actually, this seems to be what takes up the majority of the time in developing a new algorithm.  So, we constrain parameters to bounds that we know are going to work well.

To clairfy I meant something like changing the Blackhole’s size paramter to a A-Pitch paramter etc   Or maybe have an Infinite parameter on the Shimmer preset.  

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

If all you want to do is INF or FREEZE on Blackhole or Shimmer, those options are actually on the feedback knobs (bottom row, 2nd from right).  Blackhole will go into inf feedback, and Shimmer will either freeze just the pitch or pitch+verb.  But in general, no, it's not possible to use a parameter from one algorithm on another algorithm, they're completely and totally separate processes.  

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.