Space algo question

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Space algo question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      fuzzfizz

I have an H9 incoming. Just wondering, with Space algo (or any of them, really) are there any limitations as compared to the TF pedals. Particularly are they harder to manipulate in real time with the smaller interface/fewer knobs of the H9, such as in a live performance application? Will I need a footswitch controller be necessary to have similar functionality to the TF pedals?

fuzzfizz

Or to put it another way… what features and controls does adding a footswitch add — particularly for the reverb and delay algorithms.

gkellum
      Participant

Well, b/c the H9 has two footswitches rather than three, adding a single button or a three button aux switch would let you use the performance switch which for the reverb algorithms lets you toggle between two preset settings in a single preset and for the delay algorithms toggles the repeat function.  If you get a three button aux switch, people often use the extra switches for banking down, launching the tuner, tapping in tempo;  all of these things can be done on the H9 itself but not necessarily with a single footswitch press…  

fuzzfizz

Cool, just to clarify (hard to conceptualize without the hardware in front of me):

"Toggling between two  presets in a single preset" confuses me a bit – does that mean two reverb presets in a single algorithm, or just change a parameter in a preset. Can I go from a long hall reverb to a short spring or room?

Toggling the repeat, just means turning on and off the repeats? Is that pretty much the same as turning off the delay ? Seems no repeats = no delay, so just like hitting the bypass or off button on the pedal?

Also, do they make a switch that has three buttons plus an expression pedal? Or would the expression pedal have to be midi?

Thanks!

gkellum
      Participant

Fuzzfizz:

"Toggling between two  presets in a single preset" confuses me a bit – does that mean two reverb presets in a single algorithm, or just change a parameter in a preset. Can I go from a long hall reverb to a short spring or room?

It means changing preset parameter values in a single algorithm.  The functionality is explained in the H9 Control user guide in the "Programming the HotSwitch Patch" section.

http://eventide.com/AudioDivision/Products/StompBoxes/H9ControlUG1.aspx

Fuzzfizz:

Toggling the repeat, just means turning on and off the repeats? Is that pretty much the same as turning off the delay ? Seems no repeats = no delay, so just like hitting the bypass or off button on the pedal?

Some things are easier to see than to explain; check out this video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnH828Wsldc

Fuzzfizz:

Also, do they make a switch that has three buttons plus an expression pedal? Or would the expression pedal have to be midi?

You can use an expression pedal with a single button aux switch using a y cable; this pdf explains how: http://www.eventide.com/~/media/Files/Audio%20Support/H9/Everyone/H9_Y_lead.ashx

Some users have had trouble getting this to work with various expression pedals. So, if you want to do this, I'd definitely try it with one of the products that we've tested and were mentioned in the pdf.

fuzzfizz

Cool – just one more quick question – I see the recommended expression pedal and 3 button aux switch, but no rec for a 1 button to go with an expression – are there any recommendations for that?

Thanks!

gkellum
      Participant

Well, there was a 1 button aux switch mentioned — the Boss FS-5U.  I don't think it mentioned a 3 button aux switch, but what a lot of people have been using for that is a digitech fs3x.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.