Space Aux Switch set-up

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Space Aux Switch set-up

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      dean2371

Grateful for any help setting up an aux switch. I’ve got a Digitech FS3X which other posts seem to suggest should work. I can’t figure out for the life of me how to set it up to get Active, Preset Down, Preset Up to mirror the switches on the unit itself. i’m technologically inept, so would any kind fellow user be able to give me a step by step guide to setting it up.

Or do I need a different aux switch?

Thanks in anticipation

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

The Digitec switch should be fine. (If you have a good TRS cable).

I assume you are reading the UM (if not, please do) – what are you doing, and what is not working ?

dean2371

Thanks for the reply. I’m using a brand new FS3X and the TRS lead that came with it. I’ve gone in to Aux Switch and set them up as follows:

Bypass  Tip

Pre+  T+R

Pre-   R

FS1  T

FS2  R

FS3  T+R

In use, FS 2 and 3 both decrement presets by 1. FS1 has no effect. I’ve read the Manual and as many posts as I can find on-line, but can’t make progress. I’m sure its just me, and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You are probably misunderstanding FS1-3. These are the "alternative mode" switches – for example if you are  in PLAY mode, these would be the otherwise inaccessible switches in PRESET mode.

You will also confuse yourself if you use one switch for multiple functions as you describe. To set it up as you describe in your first post, you could:

1) Set Tip to bypass

2) Set Ring to PRE+

3) Set Tip&Ring to PRE-

4) Make sure that the AUX switch is not controlling anything else.

These are covered in p.36-38 of the UM.

dean2371

Thanks for that Nick. Well I’ve set it up like that and am getting no response from FS1, while both FS2 and FS3 increment the preset. Any more idease before I give up??

I’ve also tried with a different TRS lead but no joy.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Please follow my suggestions, which do not involve FS1-3. 

But, there are grounds for confusion here. I refer to FS1-3 as described in the manual, meaning the "alternate mode" switches.

People often don't read the manual (sigh), and think this means the actual Footswitches on the unit. Not so.

dean2371

thanks for the help Nick. I have read the manual, and tried to follow your instructions, but I’m afraid I still can’t get it to work. I seem to be able to sort it so that FS2 and 3 on the Digitech both either select bank up, or bank down. I can’t get it so one does up and one does down. I also can’t get FS1 on the Digitech to operate active/bypass.

Is it just me?? What would really help would be if someone could walk me through setup in some detail: press this FS, turn the encoder to X, press that, twiddle that etc. I know its a lot to ask but for whatever reason i’m really struggling with it and it would be a shame not to be able to sort it out. even better would be a video tutorial!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.