space keeps rebooting

Home Forums Products Stompboxes space keeps rebooting

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

My space started shutting down and restarting at practice the other day. My guitar signal never goes away, but the effect does. It reboots pretty quickly, however live it could be devastating to parts. Anyone have this problem or know a solution.

achaput

It's not normal for an Eventide Stompbox to reboot by itself. Are you using the original Eventide power supply? If so, there may be a damaged power connector, or the power supply itself may have been damaged. Or it could be something else. To get to the bottom of this, please send an email to support@eventide.com with your unit's serial number, and describe the details of your setup.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Make sure that you are using the official Eventide power supply, and that the power inlet jack is not loose or damaged (wiggle it and see if it is what causes the problem).

If none of the above, contact support@eventide.com

Tpryde3

I am having the same problem…using the factory power supply. It started a few minutes before today's gig, which is not cool. The unit is less than a year old.

goinz
      Participant

same problem here space is rebooting sometimes. no idea why, any hints or solutions?

goinz
      Participant

I have the same issue and i am using eventide power supply

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If none of the above, contact support@eventide.com

Mass

Hi. I experienced this with two of my eventides, all of which had original power supplies.

I have no idea what caused it specifically, but since i changed power supply (got a custom made on) it hasn´t occured.

I think the Eventide power supplies might be a bit frail, or underpowered, or at least something that leads to them powering off/on randomly.

Might be worth Eventide noting that this is an issue, and yes, i know of the PowerFactor, and if it wasn´t that expensive, i would have bought it.

Mind you, its a bit wierd that it doesn´t power all 4 (now 5) of the boxes.

Anyhoo, really happy with my Stompboxes, but the power supplies seems to cause alot of problems.

tritone
      Participant

I had the axact same problem with a space, i did tests with other supplies and the eventide power supply was definitely the culprit.I contacted the support and they sent me a new one immediately to Europe.This new one is one year old now and it has not failed yet.Maybe this is a bad serie ?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

We don't make the power supplies, and, for no obvious reason, have had a lot of trouble with them I'm glad that our Support people are on the job.

Just had this happen during a church service today. Thankfully I had to plugged into an 8 channel looper, so my signal wasn't affected but I couldn't use my space for the rest of the day. This pedal is just over a year old and pretty sure I lost all my receipts in my move last year. What should I do?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

As has been mentioned, we have had some bad power supplies. But, be aware that many power issues are beyond our control, such as bad AC, faulty power sockets, etc.

If you think that the problem is your power supply, it would be worth trying another one. Since your unit would appear to be out of warranty, it might be cheapest and easiest to buy another one from the Eventide Web Store. Otherwise, contact support@eventide.com.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.