SPACE Low Knob is Creeping

Home Forums Products Stompboxes SPACE Low Knob is Creeping

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Jonnyangle

The Low knob on my Space starts creeping all by itself.  Watch in the video below.

This is super annoying.  I did the reset and that did not fix the problem.  Any other suggestions?

gkellum
      Participant

Do you have an expression pedal plugged into the Space or MIDI?  Could it be that it's creeping due to external control?  If that's the problem, you could just unmap this knob from the expression pedal mapping.

Jonnyangle
        gkellum wrote:

Do you have an expression pedal plugged into the Space or MIDI?  Could it be that it’s creeping due to external control?  If that’s the problem, you could just unmap this knob from the expression pedal mapping.

I am not using any expression or midi controllers.  Just the space…. super boring

Jonnyangle

It sounds like this is the same as other people’s pedal “freak outs”

I’ll take the bottom off, check the ribbon connection and clean it.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Judging by your video, there's probably nothing wrong with your Space – it is sitting at about 49.5, and circuit noise is making it flicker between 49 and 50 – this is mainly a display effect and can probably be ignored. You may find it distracting, however.

If you move the knob to other positions, does it still happen ? If it happens on all values, it may be a dirty pot or a fault in the circuit that reads the pot. I don't think it is the ribbon, but if you can fix it, well and good.

Jonnyangle
        nickrose wrote:

Judging by your video, there’s probably nothing wrong with your Space – it is sitting at about 49.5, and circuit noise is making it flicker between 49 and 50 – this is mainly a display effect and can probably be ignored. You may find it distracting, however.

If you move the knob to other positions, does it still happen ? If it happens on all values, it may be a dirty pot or a fault in the circuit that reads the pot. I don’t think it is the ribbon, but if you can fix it, well and good.

It does it regardless of where the pot is.  I sprayed some contact cleaner in the pot and that did not fix it.  HOWEVER, I noticed in the sheilding tape (on the top PCB) there was an indentation from one of the legs of the “low” encoder.  It was not punctured through, but there was definately enough pressure to put a bump in the shielding piece.  I cut a 1/2″ x 1/2″ piece of electrical tape and put it over the soldered legs.  I’ll have to see if that fixed it this evening.

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Engaging catchup mode is also a workaround if this is bothering you.

Jonnyangle

I’m going to call this fixed with the electrical tape barrier between the pcb and the sheilding.  While it was apart, I painted the aluminum as well!

gkellum
        Participant
        JonnyAngle wrote:

I'm going to call this fixed with the electrical tape barrier between the pcb and the sheilding.  While it was apart, I painted the aluminum as well!

Awesome, that's a nice look!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.