Space midi question

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Space midi question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      mikeyralston

I’m controlling the presets of the space stomp box via a line6 M13. Since I have zero control of what patricular midi messages are sent from the Line6 I thought I would see if I can fix my problem on the receiving end :

When I go into the loop mode on the Line6 and
      hit loop play , the space stomp box automatically changes knob 6 to a value of 100. When I hit stop another message is sent and the knob 6 goes back to zero. In the case of the black hole algorithm I can hear the modulation speed jump up very briefly to 100- Very annoying !
      For some reason the Line6 is hardwired to send
      Messages to knob 6 on the space stomp box .
      Any ideas would be appreciated .

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Like most equipment, the Space has a number of default settings. These may not suit everybody.

I would suggest that you go to system/MIDI/RCV CTL and change the settings that are annoying you. In particular, you may wish to set KNOB6 to OFF.

mikeyralston

Turning knob 6 off doesn’t stop the incoming midi message. I guess I’m asking if the the space can “ ignore” certain midi messages.
      If I could I would set the space to accept program change midi messages and ignore everything else .

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        mikeyralston wrote:
        Turning knob 6 off doesn’t stop the incoming midi message. I guess I’m asking if the the space can “ ignore” certain midi messages. If I could I would set the space to accept program change midi messages and ignore everything else .

I recommend you connect your Space to a PC or Mac through a USB cable, and use H9 Control software to change the MIDI settings of your Space. You can also edit and manage your Space presets in H9 Control. 

Please find the attachments. You may easily find the current MIDI CC or PC mappings of your Space, and change or turn off them. 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.