Space popping and crackling noise

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Space popping and crackling noise

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      D_Boult

Hello,

So occasionally the box pops and crackles, sounds like bits of static especially when doing loooong reverbs. Anyone else ever got this? Kind of renders it useless as I use it live and its very audible (I play very quiet music….).

i have checked everything, I’m not clipping or getting anywhere near it. Eventide arent responding to Support email. I’m in the UK if anyone knows people that fix them there.

Its out of warranty.

Any help, knowledge greatly appreciated!

Thanks

M

gkellum
      Participant
      D_Boult wrote:

So occasionally the box pops and crackles, sounds like bits of static especially when doing loooong reverbs. Anyone else ever got this? Kind of renders it useless as I use it live and its very audible (I play very quiet music….).

Is this a new behavior?  Did it just start doing this recently?  I can think of two cases where I've heard this in the past.  One, the unit has a bad memory chip, or two, a software update didn't install correctly.  You might want to try reinstalling the Space's software if it had it's software updated recently and you think that might be the problem.

D_Boult
        gkellum wrote:

D_Boult wrote:

Is this a new behavior?  Did it just start doing this recently?  I can think of two cases where I’ve heard this in the past.  One, the unit has a bad memory chip, or two, a software update didn’t install correctly.  You might want to try reinstalling the Space’s software if it had it’s software updated recently and you think that might be the problem.

Thanks for the reply! The box is new to me, It’s been in a box for quite some time unused. So i have no real idea if this is a new problem.

I reinstalled the software the other day with no success in getting rid of the pops. I’ll try it again. If it is the memory chip is that something that can be sorted in your experience? Thanks again….

gkellum
        Participant
        D_Boult wrote:

I reinstalled the software the other day with no success in getting rid of the pops. I'll try it again. If it is the memory chip is that something that can be sorted in your experience? Thanks again….

Yes, memory chips can be replaced.  Even if your unit is out of warranty, Eventide will repair it for a flat fee.  

I didn't mean to suggest those are the only two possibilities however.  My colleague, Nick, might chime in with a few more ideas.

But in any case you might want to try emailing support@eventide.com again.  Emails sent to that address are tracked, and normally, all emails should be answered.  Did you check your junk mail folder to see if a response might have landed there?

D_Boult

[/quote]

Yes, memory chips can be replaced.  Even if your unit is out of warranty, Eventide will repair it for a flat fee.  

I didn’t mean to suggest those are the only two possibilities however.  My colleague, Nick, might chime in with a few more ideas.

But in any case you might want to try emailing support@eventide.com again.  Emails sent to that address are tracked, and normally, all emails should be answered.  Did you check your junk mail folder to see if a response might have landed there?

[/quote]

Ok, thanks. No message in my junk unfortunately but I’ll try again.

manukainfinity
      Participant

I’ve had the same problem. What was the outcome, did you get it fixed?

matthieu canuet
      Participant

Same problem for me. Any solution? I alsozteizd to réinstalle the software without success

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

There are two causes that occur to me:

1) Some kind of connection or wiring issue at your end.

2) A faulty memory chip in the unit.

Best way to determine:

If it varies with the preset and settings it's probably (2), otherwise (1).

If (2), support@eventide.com

zejj
      Participant

Hi,

I’ve purchased a used Space pedal and i’m having the same problem as described here : “the box pops and crackles, sounds like bits of static especially when doing loooong reverbs”

I live in France and I guess there is no Eventide technical support in my country, so I wonder what I can do with my box… :-(((

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.