Home Forums Products Stompboxes Space power cable

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      jinx1050
      Participant

Heya everyone. 

I am finally thinking of powering my Space pedal from a power brick rather than my eventide plug but whilst my power supply ‘Palmer pwt12’ will power it just fine I honestly don’t know what cable to use. None seem to fit it except the eventide wall power although I have a red cable that came with a t rex power that fits the input. I havent tried pluging that in yet to the actual power. i don’t understand about the negative ring etc so could use a little help in finding the correct cable. I am UK based 🙂 Thanks.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      jinx1050 wrote:

I am finally thinking of powering my Space pedal from a power brick rather than my eventide plug but whilst my power supply 'Palmer pwt12' will power it just fine I honestly don't know what cable to use. None seem to fit it except the eventide wall power although I have a red cable that came with a t rex power that fits the input. I havent tried pluging that in yet to the actual power. i don't understand about the negative ring etc so could use a little help in finding the correct cable. I am UK based 🙂 Thanks.

We don't recommand users use any other power supply other than our factory power supply or PowerMax. If you use other power supply you may lose your warrenty (if you still have). You will also be responsible for any damage caused by the power supply.

So I've made clear I don't recommand this. If you insist to use your power brick for your Space, this might be what you want: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/1SpotCL6–truetone-1-spot-l6-converter

jinx1050
      Participant

Thank you and advice taken on board happily.

Do you have a link to a shop that would ship that to the UK?

Many thanks 🙂

benriddell
      Participant

It annoys me when companies say “you should only use our power supplies” when touring artist all use power bricks (Voodoo Lab, CAE, Truetone etc.) – none of them use the Eventide supplied plug!

I’m betting a large proportion of the Eventide staff don’t use the supplied plug?

If you’re happy with your Palmer you only need a cable like this (I’d be surprised if it didn’t come with one): https://www.andertons.co.uk/guitar-dept/guitar-pedals/pedal-power-supplies/voodoo-labs-ppl6-black-to-red-l6-25mm-connector-cable-for-pedal-power-2-plus

Personally I went with the GigRig modular system. It’s a bit pricey but the most flexable option out there. I power an Atomic Amplifire 3 and two Eventide H9s (with the GR Evenflo adapter) with it and it still have enough juice available to power a number of 9v pedals and a couple of Strymons before maxing out the 5 amp it gives out

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.